Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

Depends on your definition of 'standing by him'.

They'd be parting with a lot of money by dumping him, they'd also be parting with possible future transfer fees and extra prize money he will help them towards.

But I think the statements produced by Liverpool and the t-shirts, were not a good idea from a club who is trying to promote ridding racism from football.

I agree entirely, it's all about the value of their player to the team and the club, I'm not condoning racist comments but I get the feeling that some people are out for a pound of flesh every time racism is the issue. I personally feel his punishment is suffice others don't, it's all about opinions, I think some perspective get's lost somewhere in the arguments.

I agree entirely, it's all about the value of their player to the team and the club, I'm not condoning racist comments but I get the feeling that some people are out for a pound of flesh every time racism is the issue. I personally feel his punishment is suffice others don't, it's all about opinions, I think some perspective get's lost somewhere in the arguments.

Again, I totally disagree with you Michael. A spectator behaving as Suarez did could easily be prosecuted for his comments. If that was successful, he would quite probably lose his job.

Suarez has a bit of a holiday. As far as I know, he's still getting paid. So it isn't really a punishment. Neither he, nor his club accept that his comments were out of order and in a few week's time he'll be back earning megabucks and influencing our young people by his actions.

He's got off exceptionally lightly in my opinion.

Suarez maybe a bit naive, but he doesn't look all that innocent with the replay shown of him pinching his skin.

If it is to be believed, that his story has changed multiple times, there is obviously something not right.

An 8 game punishment, some may say is harsh, others may say he got off lightly.

I think if it is all a mis-understanding, then some punishment is still deserved, be it 8 games or 20 games, whatever.

He will know for future reference now though, so let's hope it doesn't re-occur.

As for Liverpool, I feel they have shown themselves up and deserve any bad publicity they receive.

Suarez maybe a bit naive, but he doesn't look all that innocent with the replay shown of him pinching his skin.

If it is to be believed, that his story has changed multiple times, there is obviously something not right.

An 8 game punishment, some may say is harsh, others may say he got off lightly.

I think if it is all a mis-understanding, then some punishment is still deserved, be it 8 games or 20 games, whatever.

He will know for future reference now though, so let's hope it doesn't re-occur.

As for Liverpool, I feel they have shown themselves up and deserve any bad publicity they receive.

I have no love of Liverpool but I won't go into that, I can just imagine Evra being a bit of a bad egg too, two players getting into a scrape on the field of play, tensions running high, winding each other up and one has overstepped the mark in the verbals, mr innocent has run home and told mummy, that's my view !

Apologising is an admission of guilt in todays society and that could be why he and Liverpool took the course that they did, maybe they were advised to do what they did .... just a thought !

If they had apologised directly to Evra and avoided this rather disgusting back the racist t-shirt campaign then Id probably not be calling them pathetic.

Fair enough if Evans gets convicted then I will be the first to clap United for immediately sacking him and releasing a statement to condemn him. The difference at the moment between Suarez is he has been found guilty and Evans has yet to be found guilty.

If they had apologised directly to Evra and avoided this rather disgusting back the racist t-shirt campaign then Id not be calling them pathetic.

Fair enough if Evans gets convicted then I will be the first to clap United for immediately sacking him and releasing a statement to condemn him. The difference at the moment between Suarez is he has been found guilty and Evans has yet to be found guilty.

Absolutely correct. As far as I know, United haven't trained in "Ched is innocent" t-shirts either.

They have acted entirely correctly in difficult circumstances.

I have no love of Liverpool but I won't go into that, I can just imagine Evra being a bit of a bad egg too, two players getting into a scrape on the field of play, tensions running high, winding each other up and one has overstepped the mark in the verbals, mr innocent has run home and told mummy, that's my view !

Great point, who needs detailed closely reasoned reports that are the result of extensive investigation when you can simply "imagine" what the character of the victim might be :roll:

Evra does seem a bit a of wind up merchant but doesn't mean you have the right to start giving him racist abuse.

Again, I totally disagree with you Michael. A spectator behaving as Suarez did could easily be prosecuted for his comments. If that was successful, he would quite probably lose his job.

Suarez has a bit of a holiday. As far as I know, he's still getting paid. So it isn't really a punishment. Neither he, nor his club accept that his comments were out of order and in a few week's time he'll be back earning megabucks and influencing our young people by his actions.

He's got off exceptionally lightly in my opinion.

Players and spectators are not treated the same in so many respects and I think the game and clubs generally should be held more accountable and set good examples, but they don't, and this behaviour has only come to the fore on this occasion because one player has gone too far and the other one has spat the dummy out. The racism aspect is certainly going to be frowned upon but the basis of the issue is confrontational players, indiscipline and spoilt brat attitudes IMHO :thumbsup:

Great point, who needs detailed closely reasoned reports that are the result of extensive investigation when you can simply "imagine" what the character of the victim might be :roll:

Well of course I'm sorry Evra is an angel and most certainly wouldn't provoke another model professional player, is that better ?? :rolleyes:

Archived