Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

Players and spectators are not treated the same in so many respects and I think the game and clubs generally should be held more accountable and set good examples, but they don't, and this behaviour has only come to the fore on this occasion because one player has gone too far and the other one has spat the dummy out. The racism aspect is certainly going to be frowned upon but the basis of the issue is confrontational players, indiscipline and spoilt brat attitudes IMHO :thumbsup:

That is another thing that annoys me is that footballers and clubs seem to be above the laws and rules the regular person on the street has to abide by. It is probably another discussion all together that though.

In my opinion he got off lightly very very lightly.

Players and spectators are not treated the same in so many respects and I think the game and clubs generally should be held more accountable and set good examples, but they don't, and this behaviour has only come to the fore on this occasion because one player has gone too far and the other one has spat the dummy out. The racism aspect is certainly going to be frowned upon but the basis of the issue is confrontational players, indiscipline and spoilt brat attitudes IMHO :thumbsup:

But the clubs and the players are all signed up to the Kick It Out campaign. They should bear the same consequences as the fans in my opinion. Suarez might well have lost his rag, as I do, frequently, watching Wednesday. It would be no defence if I started to racially abuse the players.

Far worse is the attitude of Liverpool FC. Aside from the fact that they are the most sanctimonious, objectionable club on the planet*. They are clearly not acting in anger. They can see the evidence. They have had time to think. And they should know much better.

*In my very humble opinion:)

Absolutely correct. As far as I know, United haven't trained in "Ched is innocent" t-shirts either.

They have acted entirely correctly in difficult circumstances.

I haven't been following the case but so far as I'm aware Sheffield United haven't repeatedly made false allegations about the alleged victim either.

In contrast right from the moment the incident was reported Liverpool have continually made dishonest attacks upon Evra, despite the fact that Suarez's defence acknowledged that he had called Evra '*****'. Liverpool players & manager wore their t-shirts after Suarez had been found guilty and following the release of the report Liverpool's response was to attack Evra again and now the FA as well blaming them for harming Suarez's reputation.

There's supporting your players which is what Sheffield United appear to be doing and then there's what Liverpool have done.

But the clubs and the players are all signed up to the Kick It Out campaign. They should bear the same consequences as the fans in my opinion. Suarez might well have lost his rag, as I do, frequently, watching Wednesday. It would be no defence if I started to racially abuse the players.

Far worse is the attitude of Liverpool FC. Aside from the fact that they are the most sanctimonious, objectionable club on the planet*. They are clearly not acting in anger. They can see the evidence. They have had time to think. And they should know much better.

*In my very humble opinion:)

Exactly even with the evidence presented by Suarez changing about 3 times or so they still back him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083403/Liverpool-race-row-Fan-abuses-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi.html#comments

Is the fact that this latest incident has happened shorly after the Suraez incident coincidence?Maybe but I can't help thinking the way Liverpool football Club has defended its own player found guilty of making a racist comment sends all the wrong messages to those fans who are that way inclined.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083403/Liverpool-race-row-Fan-abuses-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi.html#comments

Is the fact that this latest incident has happened shorly after the Suraez incident coincidence?Maybe but I can't help thinking the way Liverpool football Club has defended its own player found guilty of making a racist comment sends all the wrong messages to those fans who are that way inclined.

A very interesting read.

It does make you wonder, should the fan be caught and claims it was a term of endearment where he comes from, Liverpool will accept it...

told you this case would run and run! evra is a fiery little character and can antagonise other players as hes a hard player and doesnt back down, that in itself doesnt condone racist abuse on the pitch and skin pinching at the same time. then liverpool and fans back it up by slating evra, defending suarez and wearing t shirts of support. (while still saying they abore racism in football). hypocrital beyond belief.

will also now put pressure on FA when the John Terry case comes up for resolution.

Players get abused by fans, always have while I have watched the game and probably will continue to do so, should we be stamping out all abuse both on and off the pitch ?

Or will abuse generally be acceptable as long as racism and personal grief are not involved ?

told you this case would run and run! evra is a fiery little character and can antagonise other players as hes a hard player and doesnt back down, that in itself doesnt condone racist abuse on the pitch and skin pinching at the same time. then liverpool and fans back it up by slating evra, defending suarez and wearing t shirts of support. (while still saying they abore racism in football). hypocrital beyond belief.

will also now put pressure on FA when the John Terry case comes up for resolution.

Yep hypocrisy beyond belief, it's rife and all around us, antagonising and being a so and so is OK but don't call me a <skin colour> so and so, don't diss my mother, father, sister, brother blah blah blah, just stamp out all abuse because it will offend someone !

Fine the clubs, ban the fans close the grounds ...... let's all go fishing instead, you won't see any racist abuse there, it's a very safe sport in that respect :suspect:

Racism in football, check out our friends in Europe, don't see anyone threatening to pull out of any major competitions do we ?

Kick It Out ...... oh yes ...... but not at our expense eh ???? :suspect:

Archived