Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083403/Liverpool-race-row-Fan-abuses-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi.html#comments

Is the fact that this latest incident has happened shorly after the Suraez incident coincidence?Maybe but I can't help thinking the way Liverpool football Club has defended its own player found guilty of making a racist comment sends all the wrong messages to those fans who are that way inclined.

I'm surprised at the allegations of racism against Liverpool fans. I've never had any time for the scousers but I never associated either the club or the fans or Liverpool in general with being backward racists. I thought that small town neanderthal mentality was more a Burnley / Mansfield type of thing.

I also don't think Liverpool fans are genrally racist but you can get a few who are anywhere.

To be honest the real issue I have here is the way Liverpool football club and Dalglish have defended a player found guilty of racism while at the same time they subscribe to the kick racism out of football principles gross hypocrisy springs to mind.

Will they defend their own fans if found gulity of racism too?

just shown the scenes on sky sports news from anfield last night, the guy was in tears on the pitch after the abuse. they havent confirmed yet if it was racist abuse from pool fans but cant see him getting that upset at being called a w8onker etc

It was quite amusing to hear excuses from Liverpudlians last night. They ranged from the guy not being a local and went into the Kop to cause trouble (despite him being from the area) to the fans sticking together and saying the guy shouted "Manc Bustard" at Adeyemi rather than "black" - as if that makes it all right. He's not even a Manc.

It was quite amusing to hear excuses from Liverpudlians last night. They ranged from the guy not being a local and went into the Kop to cause trouble (despite him being from the area) to the fans sticking together and saying the guy shouted "Manc Bustard" at Adeyemi rather than "black" - as if that makes it all right. He's not even a Manc.

It starting to look like Liverpool and their fans would try to defend Peter Sutclife if he was a red from Liverpool.

Liverpool apologised for the racist fan, but in reality what can they or any football club do if someone is going to shout abuse of any kind ? The fan who has been arrested, if found guilty will get a life ban from Anfield and possibly a court appearance. I repeat, I am certainly no fan of Liverpool or their supporters, but the over reaction of some leaves me a little bewildered. It was one fan who was responsible for this latest incident, the media and fora frenzy we see these days takes things way out of perspective, and the players blubbering reaction a bit over dramatic in my opinion. The latest cup draw has thrown up a couple of interesting fixtures, more frenzy to come ? Watch this space !

Liverpool apologised for the racist fan, but in reality what can they or any football club do if someone is going to shout abuse of any kind ?

They can set a good example. Training wearing shirts in support of a player accused of a racist attack on another player is not setting the correct example.

I suspect that they've realised that now. I expect that Dalgleish is being asked a few difficult questions at the moment.

They can set a good example. Training wearing shirts in support of a player accused of a racist attack on another player is not setting the correct example.

I suspect that they've realised that now. I expect that Dalgleish is being asked a few difficult questions at the moment.

I'm probably going over old ground here but I can understand to a certain degree why Liverpool would not want to isolate Suarez because as a club they have invested a lot of money in him, remember Di Canio at Wednesday, the club shunned him and what did they gain from it ? Just a thought !

Archived