Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

I'm probably going over old ground here but I can understand to a certain degree why Liverpool would not want to isolate Suarez because as a club they have invested a lot of money in him, remember Di Canio at Wednesday, the club shunned him and what did they gain from it ? Just a thought !

To an extent, I agree. Wednesday certainly didn't handle the DiCanio affair very well at all. Liverpool, if anything have gone too far in the other direction though.

To an extent, I agree. Wednesday certainly didn't handle the DiCanio affair very well at all. Liverpool, if anything have gone too far in the other direction though.

Devil and the deep blue sea springs to mind, I'm sure this experience has taught Liverpool a valuable lesson, but they could have dealt with the issue quite insincerely in a way which appeased the media, the public and the player, instead they opted just to appease Suarez.

It was quite amusing to hear excuses from Liverpudlians last night. They ranged from the guy not being a local and went into the Kop to cause trouble (despite him being from the area) to the fans sticking together and saying the guy shouted "Manc Bustard" at Adeyemi rather than "black" - as if that makes it all right. He's not even a Manc.

Most fans of any club would. That's football nowadays..it's wrong but that's what it is. Fans can't see past their own rose tinted glasses, just look at some of the blerts on here. Man U fans aren't disgusted or feel for Evra because he's been racially abused..they see it as an opportunity to goad a rival team. Look at Chelsea fans chanting towards Anton Ferdinand, Spurs chants to Adebayor

Racism is live and kicking at every club and every club has it's racist supporters..only difference to date is that they've not been stupid enough to air it publicly.

It's the latest 'craze' for the media to write about. Where are the reports of racism on a day to day basis? It gets headlines when it suits the papers and sky sports, not when it's in the best interests of fans.

It's ok though, according to Ollie Holt calling someone a black so and so isn't racist. Obviously he's talking rubbish but even the people that write the headlines on which a lot of people base their opinions on hasn't got a clue.

Devil and the deep blue sea springs to mind, I'm sure this experience has taught Liverpool a valuable lesson, but they could have dealt with the issue quite insincerely in a way which appeased the media, the public and the player, instead they opted just to appease Suarez.

Is this the same Di Canio who made Nazi salutes towards Lazio fans?

Now the press love him..short memories

Didn't Suarez admit himself that he used the word ***** ? If so, not exactly Evra's word against Suarez.

Also as the independent report pointed out Suarez's testimony contradicted:

1. Himself, he changed his story several times
  2. Kuyt (liverpool teammate)
  3. Comolli (Liverpool director of football)
  4. Video evidence

In stark contrast Evra's evidence was consistent with:

1. Himself, his testimony was consistent
  2. Kuyt (of Liverpool hardly his best bud)
  3. Comolli (Liverpool director of football)
  4. Video evidence

When you've got person A who is contradicted by team-mates & video evidence so has to keep changing their story and who ended up laughably claiming that he called person B "*****" and pinched him in "conciliatory and friendly" manner to try and defuse the situation. It's hardly surprising that little value is placed upon person A's word.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived