Excellent service from a larger retailer

i ordered a deluxe Hamper (this isn't just any hamper, this is a ? hamper) online with a very large national retailer, the order was placed on the 25th Nov, at 20.00hrs on the 20th Dec i received an e-mail explaining that there was a problem with my payment details that i supplied, i called the retailer only to be told that they cannot accept visa electron, i said ok i will use another card instead, only to be told that the hamper has sold out, i asked how can that be as i have only just been informed 10 minutes ago & the online notification gives me the option of annotating my payment details so the order can go through, only to find that the site keeps freezing me out. The lady i spoke to just brushed it off as a seasonal glitch and suggested that in future i should order and pay in store, due to a few personal problems i am unable to get down town this week to buy a replacement gift, that's my parents Christmas gift stuffed up the swanny, this maybe trivial to some but it really got my goat, rant over, cheers

I know this won't help short term with the gift, but you should fire an email off to their head office straight away, and also try to speak to someone in authority in customer service. This is disgusting service especially from a well known company.

I hope you get some recompense for your inconvenience.

if the order was accepted online then you have a contract with them that they breached, contact head office and ask why they have broken the contract when the order and payment details were accepted!!

Not always, suppliers also have due consideration. Espcially if they have not taken payment from the card. For example Marks and Spencers from a recent order I did with them:

"Please note, acceptance of your order takes place when we are preparing to send it. We will then take payment from your card Visa **"

Not always, suppliers also have due consideration. Espcially if they have not taken payment from the card. For example Marks and Spencers from a recent order I did with them:

"Please note, acceptance of your order takes place when we are preparing to send it. We will then take payment from your card Visa **"

but why waste my time by telling me that if i supply new payment info i can have the order, which turned out to be a lie as when i called within minutes of receiving the e-mail they claim to have sold out of the hamper.

but why waste my time by telling me that if i supply new payment info i can have the order, which turned out to be a lie as when i called within minutes of receiving the e-mail they claim to have sold out of the hamper.

I don't know, I don't work there.

Archived