Police may shoot rioters claim

Good it's about time . Our police are seen as a soft touch if these morons want to run round like animals then let them be treated like wild animals all these do gooders and protesters against this want to think what if it was your property your business your children that are being hurt what would you do stand their and let it happen I think not. These people are armed so you defend with arms.

Don't think the bullet fired from South Yorkshire would hit London or Manchester so it's irrelevant in Sheffield Discussions!

The Heckler & Koch has an effective range of 200 metres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP5

And is more than capable of killing at twice that distance. I don't want to see any more people dying from gunfire thankyou.

And is more than capable of killing at twice that distance. I don't want to see any more people dying from gunfire thankyou.

Ok we'll go on your figure of double the range.....It's more than 400 metres to London or Manchester from Sheffield though.....that's my point! The post is being discussed as a Sheffield issue.

No one seemed to have a reason to riot in Sheffield in the summer. Point is moot in Sheffield.

I was in the army at the time of the riots in the 80s, the government were considering putting the army on the streets at the time if the police lost control of the streets, we were given orders to report for training and it looked very much like it was going to happen,there was a last minute change of mind by the government so we were stood down,I did not like the thought of having to walk the streets of my own country with a riffle in my hands it would have been a sad day in the history of this country and I hope it never happens in my life time, for the forces of any country to shoot its own people on the streets is to descend in to third world chaos,riots can get out of hand and a lot of innocent people can suffer the way to deal with them is by using non lethal weapons like tear gas and rubber bullets,anyone hit by a rubber built soon gives up the chase shooting live rounds off in a crowded area is very dangerous close range hi velocity rounds can easily go strait through a body and hit any thing in range having past through a body the rounds become misshaped and can course horrendous injuries to anyone that is unfortunate to be hit by it.

Ok we'll go on your figure of double the range.....It's more than 400 metres to London or Manchester from Sheffield though.....that's my point! The post is being discussed as a Sheffield issue.

No one seemed to have a reason to riot in Sheffield in the summer. Point is moot in Sheffield.

It's in General Discussions. The point about range is that urban environments are very unsafe places to be firing lethal weapons.

Live firing should have no place in riot control.

If scum dont riot ,they dont run the risk of being shot ................ simples. :)

Stay at home and behave ,and they will be Quite safe, go out causing civil unrest and rioting ,and face the consequences............ sounds fair to me.

It's in General Discussions. The point about range is that urban environments are very unsafe places to be firing lethal weapons.

Ah it's been changed to General discussions.....

What is your constructive way of dealing with the issue when the original act may lead to loss of life / home / business? I'd be honestly interested to know how you feel we should deal with these acts of aggression & destruction?

It's obvious you don't feel it's guns.....but when someone mugs / beats up / raises to the ground how do you feel best we deal with the act when they are already at the stage of having the petrol bomb in their hands?

If scum dont riot ,they dont run the risk of being shot ................ simples. :)

Stay at home and behave ,and they will be Quite safe, go out causing civil unrest and rioting ,and face the consequences............ sounds fair to me.

And presumably you're unconcerned that the inevitable consequence of live firing during riots is the death of innocents, children and such?

Archived