Police may shoot rioters claim

Well going back to the original poster if it's that obvious it's a bottle of whisky & not a petrol bomb.....the police won't be shooting them.....re-read the original post!!!!!

The deterrent value of the police being able to use guns in extreme cases should help to prevent arson during riots.

Please explain about the INNOCENT that MAY be nut shot 400yds away sat in their house.

Angel

Isn't that covered by don't shoot unless you can hit your target. I am also a shootist as you put it and when I'm shooting with target rifles I can put every round into the target and a guy with a petrol bomb is a damned sight bigger target and there is a damned sight more incentive to hit it.

Isn't that covered by don't shoot unless you can hit your target. I am also a shootist as you put it and when I'm shooting with target rifles I can put every round into the target and a guy with a petrol bomb is a damned sight bigger target and there is a damned sight more incentive to hit it.

The Shootist was a great john wayne film, rifleman - gunner - shooter - marksman or sniper would be a better description or have i missed the correct one out.

The main issue, I think is a distrust in the police: there have been a few too many incidents, and the subsequent investigations have given the appearance of cover-ups.

There is no reason why the police should not have digital cameras attached to their guns which record everything they point them at.

They could even feed the live-stream data direct to an independent regulator.

There is no reason why the police should not have digital cameras attached to their guns which record everything they point them at. They could even feed the live-stream data direct to an independent regulator.
...ITV for their next reality TV monster hit, the Bullseye Factor™.

Press the red button to vote for pulling the trigger, voting closes in 5 seconds :thumbsup:

Cynical Dystopian, me?!? :D

Remember the context this report has been written in.

The government was shocked by the riots and fears the implications of a major breakdown in civil order during 2012 particularly during the Olympics.

Already they have had to bring the army in the carry out basic stewarding duties as G4S has failed to recruit enough staff.

Police will be bused in from all over the country to work the olympics and if the riots return the authorities will need to use all available facilities to curb them including the use of water cannon and firearms as their will not be sufficient Police availbe to react in the normal way.

This report is fair warning, riot and you may well get shot.

The questions are,

1) should rioters feel that they can get away with it?

2) do want to let them get away with it?

3) should the Police (etc) be able to take appropriate measures to defend our property, livelihood and lives? (instead of just standing by watching and to clear up afterwards... even today they are out arresting rioters (thieves) which they could have caught on the night)

Archived