Finding love when unemployed?

I would say that it's virtually impossible when unemployed as the a lot of women these days, in every age group, are materialistic and image-obssessed?

Especially it seems tough at Christmas when people are focused more on family, shopping and tradition than dating?

I would say that it's virtually impossible when unemployed as the a lot of women these days, in every age group, are materialistic and image-obssessed?

Especially it seems tough at Christmas when people are focused more on family, shopping and tradition than dating?

Any woman who bases her choice of partner on his earning capacity or material wealth isn't worth knowing anyway.

Any woman who bases her choice of partner on his earning capacity or material wealth isn't worth knowing anyway.

What if that woman is vulnerable and financially needy such as the women who migrate from Russia or Thailand?I have met some jolly decent women in such a context,bit I take your point about gold-diggers.Did you get caught out yourself by a femme fatale?

Money isn't everything, being temporarily unemployed shouldn't be a barrier to finding a partner.

Do some volunteering, meet some other volunteers, and who knows! It might also lead into paid work - bonus. ;)

In 1936 Walter Greenwood wrote

Love on the Dole,based in Salford.A very harrowing tale!

I'm materialistic then because I wouldn't date anyone on the dole, sorry guys but I work hard to support myself & my daughter & refuse to deny my daughter anything because I have to support a man - sorry but been there done that, worked the 12 hr shifts come home to then prepare tea & tidy up while he's sat on his backside all day & worked up to the day before I gave birth & gone back the day after. Never again I'm afraid. I wouldn't expect any man to support me and I wouldn't support any man again.

Archived