Finding love when unemployed?

nexus, you're showing total ignorance and bitterness- not everyone is the same! Dole or working?

Besides, you haven't a clue what my circumstances are. They wouldn't probably date you!

I think nexus was generalising, not aiming at you specifically. As she said, she's been bitten once and seems to be learning from it. If she doesn't go for a doley she wont get bitten by a doley, that's not to say she couldn't get bitten by a wealthy person.

That's the problem with relationships, they always complain after repeating the same mistake they did prior.

I think nexus was generalising, not aiming at you specifically. As she said, she's been bitten once and seems to be learning from it. If she doesn't go for a doley she wont get bitten by a doley, that's not to say she couldn't get bitten by a wealthy person.

That's the problem with relationships, they always complain after repeating the same mistake they did prior.

I think people go for equals. If you work hard and are proud of your work it is hard to accept someone that decides not to work. I think that society has made it very hard for people nowadays to accept others that are not their equal.

I have a lot of respect for the old fashioned men in the past that provided for their families and wife...however I have a feeling that women in the circumstances had to accept less to be 'kept' and felt obiliged in certain ways........

I think people go for equals. If you work hard and are proud of your work it is hard to accept someone that decides not to work. I think that society has made it very hard for people nowadays to accept others that are not their equal.

I have a lot of respect for the old fashioned men in the past that provided for their families and wife...however I have a feeling that women in the circumstances had to accept less to be 'kept' and felt obiliged in certain ways........

A man has the benefit/tax credit system to compete with. And he will struggle!

Working full time for min wage he would pull £206.

Working 16 hours for min wage with 1 kid she would pull £335/week and could claim £30 in CSA from him.

Not working she would get £266. and could claim £30 CSA.

Together they'd net £385 if she were working, £366 if she were not.

So even if their together, they are quite possibly 'split up' to take advantage of the system.

The means test of the 1930s caused people to kick their working children out.

A mother doing part time work of 16 hours and coming out with £366 is not going to be keen on adding a man to the family unit, as if he works full time he will only bring in an extra £30 to the household, but another mouth to feed, and apart she could claim that £30 off of him in CSA anyhow, if it were his child

Another way to look at it;

Single mother works 16 hours = £60 better off.

Mother with partner working full time, works 16 hours = £20 better off.

I would say that it's virtually impossible when unemployed as the a lot of women these days, in every age group, are materialistic and image-obssessed?
I'm slightly puzzled as to why you'd want to get involved, as you seem to have a very poor opinion of our gender as a whole, anyway?

It could be more to do with your attitude, than the fact that you happen to be unemployed?

if ever I find a partner, it's usually when I'm unemployed... mostly because I have more time to talk to people, more time to be social, and i'm not tired from the week so often end up going to visit people and friends more on the weekend..

but then it takes a toll because you want to buy them random gifts and presents, and do nice things for birthday(s) etc and you struggle as you don't have much money!!

so actually meeting someone, for me at least, is easier when I'm unemployed...

what's stopping me at the moment is being homeless! - that to me takes more precedence than finding a partner...

A man has the benefit/tax credit system to compete with. And he will struggle!

Working full time for min wage he would pull £206.

Working 16 hours for min wage with 1 kid she would pull £335/week and could claim £30 in CSA from him.

Not working she would get £266. and could claim £30 CSA.

Together they'd net £385 if she were working, £366 if she were not.

So even if their together, they are quite possibly 'split up' to take advantage of the system.

The means test of the 1930s caused people to kick their working children out.

A mother doing part time work of 16 hours and coming out with £366 is not going to be keen on adding a man to the family unit, as if he works full time he will only bring in an extra £30 to the household, but another mouth to feed, and apart she could claim that £30 off of him in CSA anyhow, if it were his child

Another way to look at it;

Single mother works 16 hours = £60 better off.

Mother with partner working full time, works 16 hours = £20 better off.

Excellent post chem1st. :thumbsup:

I would say that it's virtually impossible when unemployed as the a lot of women these days, in every age group, are materialistic and image-obssessed?

Especially it seems tough at Christmas when people are focused more on family, shopping and tradition than dating?

I know some really sexy dolers, the trick is getting one with low moral standards.

"Must be a home owner, have own car and be solvent".

After the divorce it's a bedsit, no car and a load of debt.

Ain't love grand?

Archived