Finding love when unemployed?

Find luv when unemployed means, all you do is stay in bed and make benefit bustin babies, get a 3 bed council house, go to top of waitin list and cost us all more in long run. Get a job and show you are a man then you can pay to take a girl out.

I am very old fashioned.

I believe the man should provide the bread and butter, and the wife should maintain the bread and butter. I am also house proud, and make the home into a Sanctuary for the husband.

I work part time, and I don't want to be working when I have children. I want to nurture and be with my child as much as I possibly can. I will look for a job when they get older, and maybe back into education.

What if your fella earned a big wage, I mean, not professional footballer big, but big by most other comparisons - let's say, easily at the level of that earned by professional people like lawyers, doctors, dentists, etc. And then - one day - KAPUT! Job goes and income is zero? And efforts to find other employment prove fruitless for some time, so they have to start again from scratch to rebuild their (and your) life.

That must be tough.

I'm a bloke and can understand why women prefer men in some kind of employment.

Its not necessarily materialistic just practical. Women want to know a man has the capacity to provide or at least go dutch.

I've been meeting loads of girls off a certain online dating site and this is always the case. Might seem harsh to some, but thems the rules!

What if your fella earned a big wage, I mean, not professional footballer big, but big by most other comparisons - let's say, easily at the level of that earned by professional people like lawyers, doctors, dentists, etc. And then - one day - KAPUT! Job goes and income is zero? And efforts to find other employment prove fruitless for some time, so they have to start again from scratch to rebuild their (and your) life.

That must be tough.

Get used to the hand for a while!

nexus, you're showing total ignorance and bitterness- not everyone is the same! Dole or working?

Besides, you haven't a clue what my circumstances are. They wouldn't probably date you!

Total ignorance? Why because I was honest enough to admit that I wouldn't get involved with a man who wasn't working? I'm bitter because I gave a single example of what happened when I did? You don't have a clue about my circumstances either but I chose not to judge people when I don't know theirs. My daughter is my only priority and any partner would have to bring something to our family not take it away. Unlike before I had children when I didn't care if a person was working or not.

I would say that it's virtually impossible when unemployed as the a lot of women these days, in every age group, are materialistic and image-obssessed?

Especially it seems tough at Christmas when people are focused more on family, shopping and tradition than dating?

Maybe your looking in the wrong places hun and like someone else has said, if thats all she is bothered about then she isnt worth knowing.

Archived