Things to do between now and Christmas

Although I am still working this week, it seems many others aren't, or even those who are working are saying things like "nothing will happen now until the new year" so not much is getting done.

So, according to my wife - and believe me, she knows best! :rant: This is a good time of year to get all those little jobs done that I don't normally have time to do.

There is mold in the showers for a start. And we have a large skylight window which is showing signs of mold as well. So, my wife says I could start by giving them some elbow grease. She says, "let's get it done before Christmas" like we are doing it together or something - but I know she means me, not her.:(

She says that "we want it to look nice for when our guests come on Christmas day" - but I didn't realise any of them would be taking a shower whilst they are here, or gazing up at the ceiling for any length of time?:confused:

I mean, isn't it enough for us just to put on a fantastic Christmas lunch for these buggers without them coming piking at our moldy showers and ceiling?

"Ooh lovely dinner - he cooked that turkey beautifully, nice and moist - but did you see the state of that ceiling?" :o

Are you being held hostage, like me, and forced to do household chores against your will? Is there a charity that can help us? If not, can we start one up?

:help:

I'm sat here full of cold on my day off, hot Ribena on the go. Since I got up at 7am, i've fed the dog, took the wife's pills in, thrown a cup of birdseed across the yard, put talksport on and sat down to go on the pooter. I think you'll find my working day is done (until she gets up).

Am I the only bloke who's missus, before we go on holiday, INSISTS on vacuuming and dusting the entire house before we can go. I mean, who's going to make a mess while we are gone - the fairies?

"I'm not coming back to a messy house"

And yet I can guarantee you that within three minutes of landing back in the house it becomes a mass of upturned suitcases, carrier bags, presents etc.

There is a charity already. They are called the Samaritans. They are very nice, I hear.

I'm sat here full of cold on my day off, hot Ribena on the go. Since I got up at 7am, i've fed the dog, took the wife's pills in, thrown a cup of birdseed across the yard, put talksport on and sat down to go on the pooter. I think you'll find my working day is done (until she gets up).

Am I the only bloke who's missus, before we go on holiday, INSISTS on vacuuming and dusting the entire house before we can go. I mean, who's going to make a mess while we are gone - the fairies?

"I'm not coming back to a messy house"

And yet I can guarantee you that within three minutes of landing back in the house it becomes a mass of upturned suitcases, carrier bags, presents etc.

There is a charity already. They are called the Samaritans. They are very nice, I hear.

The Samaritans hung up on me!

Although I am still working this week, it seems many others aren't, or even those who are working are saying things like "nothing will happen now until the new year" so not much is getting done.

So, according to my wife - and believe me, she knows best! :rant: This is a good time of year to get all those little jobs done that I don't normally have time to do.

There is mold in the showers for a start. And we have a large skylight window which is showing signs of mold as well. So, my wife says I could start by giving them some elbow grease. She says, "let's get it done before Christmas" like we are doing it together or something - but I know she means me, not her.:(

She says that "we want it to look nice for when our guests come on Christmas day" - but I didn't realise any of them would be taking a shower whilst they are here, or gazing up at the ceiling for any length of time?:confu

I mean, isn't it enough for us just to put on a fantastic Christmas lunch for these buggers without them coming piking at our moldy showers and ceiling?

"Ooh lovely dinner - he cooked that turkey beautifully, nice and moist - but did you see the state of that ceiling?" :o

Are you being held hostage, like me, and forced to do household chores against your will? Is there a charity that can help us? If not, can we start one up?

:help:

And don't forget the new sofa from DFS! It's compulsory at this time of year to purchase a new one,(as the old one will be nearly 12 months old)

Archived