Powerflush Central Heating system

Hi

Has anybody in Sheffield had a powerflush recently?

If so I would be grateful if you could answer me the following:

1 Who did it

2 How much did it cost (I know the price may vary depending on the size of house – but not always (for eg. British Gas seem to charge £599 regardless of size)

3 Did you notice any difference after it was done?

Many Thx

Hi

Has anybody in Sheffield had a powerflush recently?

If so I would be grateful if you could answer me the following:

1 Who did it

2 How much did it cost (I know the price may vary depending on the size of house – but not always (for eg. British Gas seem to charge £599 regardless of size)

3 Did you notice any difference after it was done?

Many Thx

i took my rads off completely then jet blasted em then ran fernox through the system, that was after having the system powerflushed about 5 or 6 years ago, in my experience powerflushing was overrated and i hardly noticed any difference, though i know a few people who've had it done and noticed a big difference, it costs £80 i think to hire the machine from james hargreaves to do the powerflush, prices i think vary from about £350 (depending if the plumbers have their own machine)

I had my system power flushed 6 years ago after an installation fault let air in for 23 years and bunged up my system with sludge. The fault was rectified and the system flushed. Been quiet and trouble free ever since.

£350 back then. Plumber what did isn't reliable though so I won't recommend him.

I recently had a powerflush, its worked a treat also ive had a magnetic filter added, which when the sludge runs through the boiler it is attracted to the magnet and is emptied once a year or more. No sludge will ever be in the system again. Cost in total about £300.

Can you remember who did your job?

• 2 weeks later...
I recently had a powerflush, its worked a treat also ive had a magnetic filter added, which when the sludge runs through the boiler it is attracted to the magnet and is emptied once a year or more. No sludge will ever be in the system again. Cost in total about £300.

Same here.

Archived