Do you actually enjoy Christmas?

Do you actually enjoy Christmas?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually enjoy Christmas?

• Yes
    • No

The people I know who enjoy Christmas the most are those that put in the least effort, so even though I'm loaded this year I've decided to do bugger all I'm and already starting to enjoy it for the first time in years.

So what about you? Do you actually enjoy Christmas or do you find it one big expensive stressful chore?

we have a very easy and enjoyable xmas.

my gf and i dont buy each other gifts. we dont decorate the house at all and we dont have a xmas lunch.

what do do is enjoy a day together. its lovely. while everyone else is stressed because they have this image of what a perfect xmas is and are struggling to achieve that we have discovered that the perfect xmas is to just have a nice day.

I really enjoy Christmas for the time spent with family as we don't get to see much of each other through the year

It has never been about going mad spending money on presents It is about the family time its even more special this year as we have recovered from the sudden passing of my grandfather last year

so to me Christmas means family time

I learned a lesson about chilling out and relaxing at Christmas, when myself and the husband, with three young children in tow, moved house on 23rd December. We had rented a flat when we first moved to Sheffield, and just wanted to be in a warm home for Christmas.

I wrapped all pressies early, went shopping the day before we moved and bought the food goodies, no cooking mince pies or making sausague rolls that year, arranged to rent a TV, as we only had a black and white one, which was rubbish, managed without curtains at the windows, found a plastic tree in the new garden which we decorated with some old trimmings, and cooked the turkey on the cooker (luckily it was nice and clean) that had been left in the house.

It was a great Christmas, just to be in our new home and warm. Now I just get the food in, cook dinner and we all chill out in the afternoon, watching bad TV - little effort and virtually no stress.

Like:

- giving presents

- seeing family

- stuffing myself with food

- time off work

Dislike:

- nothing but Christmas where ever you look

- Christmas starting in August in shops

- paying for the presents(!)

- working off the extra food!

Archived