Old blue ball hillsborough

big_jonno

Noticed a lot of negative posts about the old blue ball in hillsborough in the past. I play for the pubs football team and go in regularly it's got a great atmosphere in there especially on sunday nights which are great. they have 3 or 4 pool teams operating from there now with two match tables and a practice. The drinks are cheap the staff are sound so get yourself in there!:)

Noticed a lot of negative posts about the old blue ball in hillsborough in the past. I play for the pubs football team and go in regularly it's got a great atmosphere in there especially on sunday nights which are great. they have 3 or 4 pool teams operating from there now with two match tables and a practice. The drinks are cheap the staff are sound so get yourself in there!:)

Are Blades shirts welcome? :gag:

Hmm!

I'm thinking Big Jonno not done a very good PR job so far :hihi:

Hey Jonno,

maybe you're a decent guy - but the problem is, a lot of folks who go in your pub don't necessarily share your qualities.

It is years since I went in there. In fact, the last time was before a derby match and I was in my United colours - which raised a few accles I have to say. :help:

But prior to that - I used to date a girl from Wharncliffe Side and occasionally I'd go down the Ball with her or her brothers - and man, it was rough.

So, unless something has changed in the past few years I think you are going to struggle to convince us.

But good for you if you like it - and feel part of the furniture there. It's maybe perfect for you - but wouldn't do for me.

Archived