"Big Man" Charged for throwing yob off

If the kid was shouting racist abuse the book would have been thrown at him. Where do you draw the line? You can hurl any kind of abuse at someone as long as it doesn't involve the colour of their skin?

I have only seen part of this video and I didn't hear any racist abuse. In fact from what I saw everyone was white in the video too.

Again, words do not constitute a violent response. If the person in question was being abusive, he should be dealt with by the law, not a random person who wants to join in.

I think its fair to say that all 3 parties were at fault...The rail company should instruct conductors to carry on with the journey and then have the none payer arrested by Transport Police at the other end..

If the conductor leaves the scene the kid is going to do a runner at the next stop, if he stands guard over the kid he is neglecting the rest of the train ………. Why are people defending a lout that got caught out.

The conductor asked him to leave but no that wasn’t enough …….. the big man asked the conductor if he wanted him removed, isn’t that enough?

The big man is up for prosecution so all you bleeding hearts may have something to crow about soon. :roll:

its nothing to do with bleeding hearts. the big guy had no right to throw the man off the train. allowing people to take the law into their own hands does not end well.

If the conductor leaves the scene the kid is going to do a runner at the next stop, if he stands guard over the kid he is neglecting the rest of the train ………. Why are people defending a lout that got caught out.

Well that would have resolved the matter. Nobody would have been charged with assault, nobody would have had their journey delayed and nobody would have had a free ride.

Its just logical. I don't think anyone has defended the lad, he was wrong for the way he reacted.

The "Big Guy" could well have prevented something similar to this.

Two people have been charged after a ticket inspector was stabbed in the back on a C2C train travelling from Essex to London.

Charles Culley, 19, of Darwin Road, Tilbury, Essex, has been charged with wounding and common assault.

A 17-year-old boy from Tilbury was charged with wounding, common assault and possession of a bladed article.

Both are being held in police custody and will appear at Basildon Magistrates' Court later.

The 42-year-old was attacked on Friday 16 December after asking two people travelling without tickets on the 20:20 Southend Central to London Fenchurch Street service to leave the train at East Tilbury.

He was taken to Basildon University Hospital, where he received three stitches before being discharged.

Drunken people can be very unpredictable in their actions who knows what would have happened if the "Big Guy" had just sat there.If we have a guard on the forum perhaps they could post the official way of dealing with this situation which must be quite a common one.

Quite simple really.

National Rail Conditions of Carriage state:

58. Unacceptable conduct

Any person who a Train Company believes is likely to act in a riotous, disorderly or

offensive manner may be refused access to, or may be required to leave trains, platforms

or stations.

Upon the youth being required to leave the train, it is acceptable for a member of the public to offer assistance. Whether or not the force that was used was reasonable or not can be tested by the courts, if need be.

The "Big Guy" could well have prevented something similar to this.

Two people have been charged after a ticket inspector was stabbed in the back on a C2C train travelling from Essex to London.

You are wasting your breath, I posted the same link earlier but it seems the bleeding hearts are more bothered in protecting the perpetrator.

If it was their son or partner that got stabbed doing their job they would have been the first to say ……… why did everybody sit there and do nothing.

Archived