"Big Man" Charged for throwing yob off

I feel obliged to ask, since one of the people that so many others are accusing of "siding with the abusive lout" is me; and I've continually argued that he ought to be charged with threatening behaviour!

don't forget what kicked the whole episode off no valid ticket

no one has been standing up for the guy ejected, just the way a member of the public was encouraged to take the law into his own hands and forcibly eject the customer.

Except he wasn't a customer, customers pay for their tickets. He was a foul mouthed yob who tried to get a free ride and when it didn't work he launched a foul tirade at an employee who is entitled to work without fear or harassment. Why didn't the yob produce both his tickets?

Except he wasn't a customer, customers pay for their tickets. He was a foul mouthed yob who tried to get a free ride and when it didn't work he launched a foul tirade at an employee who is entitled to work without fear or harassment. Why didn't the yob produce both his tickets?

He had paid for two tickets for the journey. He only had one ticket left because he had used the other one. He had the wrong (but paid for) ticket, governing the distance he had travelled.

The inspector could have taken his name and address under Regulations of Railways Act 1889 Section 5. And if you think that is out of date - it is the one they use to charge you with even nowadays.

He had paid for two tickets for the journey. He only had one ticket left because he had used the other one. He had the wrong (but paid for) ticket, governing the distance he had travelled.

The inspector could have taken his name and address under Regulations of Railways Act 1889 Section 5. And if you think that is out of date - it is the one they use to charge you with even nowadays.

On all the rail journeys I've been on lately the conductor punches your ticket and then gives it you back - they do not take it off you

• 1 month later...

Archived