Happy solstice everyone.

Only in the afternoons does it get lighter.

It continues to get darker in the mornings until the 3rd of Jan, next year.

Due the way the Earth orbits the Sun, for some complicated reason.

And I hate the dark mornings even more than the dark evening, if that is possible.:(

Only in the afternoons does it get lighter.

It continues to get darker in the mornings until the 3rd of Jan, next year.

Due the way the Earth orbits the Sun, for some complicated reason.

Quite right; and the Sun has been setting later in the afternoon for quite a few days now, for the same complicated reasons. The net result of the two changes is that the absolute shortest period of daylight falls on the 21st, or occasionally the 22nd, of December.

(If anybody really cares, I'll try and explain the complicated reasons, but don't ask me to go into detailed figures. Please?)

Quite right; and the Sun has been setting later in the afternoon for quite a few days now, for the same complicated reasons. The net result of the two changes is that the absolute shortest period of daylight falls on the 21st, or occasionally the 22nd, of December.

(If anybody really cares, I'll try and explain the complicated reasons, but don't ask me to go into detailed figures. Please?)

thanks for not explaining:hihi::hihi:

Archived