UK economic growth revised up

WeX

So Wex, still as optimistic seeing October's services figures today?

Yes, because I do not wish for the worst and official figures are based on quarters not single months. Its no surprise the Labour supporting Gardian news paper is trying its best to put a negative spin on the latest results.

Yes, because I do not wish for the worst[/Quote]

You actually think people wish for the worst?

and official figures are based on quarters not single months.

Depends what figures you are talking about, the index of services is monthly. So are the producer prices indices, retail sales...

Its no surprise the Labour supporting Gardian news paper is trying its best to put a negative spin on the latest results.

and the Telegraph, Economic Times both are hardly left wing rags.

With a land mass 33 times greater than the UK and a population 3 timers higher it’s not surprising, but our GDP per person is 3 times higher.

People aren't bothered about GDP, their only concern is how much money is in their pocket and what they can buy with it.

People aren't bothered about GDP, their only concern is how much money is in their pocket and what they can buy with it.

I wouldm't think people are going to be to bothered that Brazil’s economy is better than ours either but as you brought it up I thought it polite to respond.

Brazil's economy overtakes the UK's economy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16332115

I'm sort of puzzled by the 2 statements taken together. As was pointed out Brazil's population is 3 times that of the UK. Therefore the countries earnings per capita are only 1/3 of ours. That would tend to suggest that on average Brazilians ain't got brass in pocket.

But as they also said this.."The CEBR also predicted that the UK economy would overtake France by 2016."

As France has a population slightly larger than the UK it would suggest we are doing something better than they are.

I'm sort of puzzled by the 2 statements taken together. As was pointed out Brazil's population is 3 times that of the UK. Therefore the countries earnings per capita are only 1/3 of ours. That would tend to suggest that on average Brazilians ain't got brass in pocket.

But as they also said this.."The CEBR also predicted that the UK economy would overtake France by 2016."

As France has a population slightly larger than the UK it would suggest we are doing something better than they are.

Couple that with the fact Brazil is 11th on the table as having the worst inequality in the wealth gap so most Brazilians have nothing.

Archived