Lady Thatcher-State Funeral.

:hihi: More like Economic RUIN! - the froth of the consumer boom of recent years

has disguised the damage she did to the UK economy. Not any more though, the chickens have finally come home.

Yeah, it were great during the 70's!! Grey communist style city centers and vile dilapidated housing but at least you had enough money to buy fish and chips and get s**tfaced on warm bitter every night after working in conditions akin to those faced by people in North Korean prison camps for 12 hours a day!

You'll never convince spiteful left that they're wrong. The politics of envy stirs too many powerful emotions, and they're quite unable to see a clear world through the haze of political hatred they choose to live in.

i know mate....all those oldies who worked all their lives...raised a family...had no savings to speak of....

and now are sitting on a nest egg that is worth 85k plus.....

thats a 20k windfall for a mate of mine.....what a brucie bonus....thanks to maggie.....

Yeah, it were great during the 70's!! Grey communist style city centers and vile dilapidated housing but at least you had enough money to buy fish and chips and get s**tfaced on warm bitter every night after working in conditions akin to those faced by people in North Korean prison camps for 12 hours a day!

No one's got enough money for the beer these days, never mind the fish and chips! and depending on where you live, you may well find that your local has gone out of business too since pub de-regulation!

No one's got enough money for the beer these days, never mind the fish and chips! and depending on where you live, you may well find that your local has gone out of business too since pub de-regulation!

A lot could be done to sort out the pub trade and bring it back to life. Thats a separate issue really but the point is, for some of the perks we can no longer afford if we are not wealthy banker are more than made up by the general standard of living.

the boozers and the match has been rammed over the festive period...where is all this doom and gloom....

most boozers are now curry houses or corner shops or flats....leaving still enough to enjoy a beer....

the owls taking nearly 5000 to preston...that aint cheap...

shops taking mega money....

dont kid yourself...theres plenty of money out there...just a little harder to get your hands on it...

i know mate....all those oldies who worked all their lives...raised a family...had no savings to speak of....

and now are sitting on a nest egg that is worth 85k plus.....

thats a 20k windfall for a mate of mine.....what a brucie bonus....thanks to maggie.....

What about the majority of oldies who worked all their lives and didn't get to buy a massively subsidised house - which they had paid for through their tax contributions - merely because they weren't living in council property? What about the young people who are spending a massively higher proportion of their income on rents than a generation ago because increased prices mean buying is now unaffordable to many working people, and there isn't nearly so much council housing because it has been sold off?

I'm glad that it wasn't only the rich and well connected who had sudden and massive increases in their fortunes under Mrs T, and good luck to your family and friends who were in the right place at the right time, but merely repeating that you have connections to some of the small minority of people who benefited from the sale of houses which were paid for by a much larger majority of taxpayers who benefitted nothing from the deal, is hardly a compelling argument for the benefits of Thatcherism. It has a similar logic to saying something like this: "car crashes are good because I own a panel beaters shop."

Hardly, when you read through the bitter vitriol spewed by the left wingers on SF.

Rather like these examples:

We really do have some nice folks on SF, don't we?

We certainly do. Reading that has reafirmed my faith in mankind. There are people who care. I personally would have her stuffed and mounted so we can urinate on her anytime we want. We could send her out to space and have a dedicated channel to watch her float around and laugh.

I would save her brain so we can determine the roots of evil. And then feed it to Cameron in a buffet.

We certainly do. Reading that has reafirmed my faith in mankind. There are people who care. I personally would have her stuffed and mounted so we can urinate on her anytime we want. We could send her out to space and have a dedicated channel to watch her float around and laugh.

I would save her brain so we can determine the roots of evil. And then feed it to Cameron in a buffet.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: Like it! That's just the kind of thing we need to make Britain great again - innovative ideas and thinking outside the box!

Try the Sheaf View, full to overflowing with highly paid public sector Labour supporters, albeit voting Lib Dem in order to keep the Tories out in the likes of Ranmoor and Fulwood, where they live in their splendid Victorian villas and four bed detached.

I hope that Maggie opts for a private family funeral followed by a cremation, in order to spoil the fun of idiots at the ceremony and the graveside, Dennis was cremated, I can't envisage her wanting anything different.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: Like it! That's just the kind of thing we need to make Britain great again - innovative ideas and thinking outside the box!

Thank you! After seeing her floating around the void, she could do a tour in a pope mobile type deal. It would raise more crowds than Coldplay and Elvis put together! A proper family day out.

Mock hangings the whole lot!

We might need numerous Thatcher copies though, and maybe hide the real one in my house. I would really look after her :love::hihi:

Archived