Lady Thatcher-State Funeral.

Lady Thatcher deserves a private funeral. (Has she died).

She deserves a funeral. The sooner the better.

We could keep both camps happy and have a State Carnival instead.

now THAT's worthy of the "like" button!!

PS....

Alien:- Darn you for getting my hopes up!

PS- I almost uncorked that Champagne I have waiting!

I suppose you could argue that Winston Churchill was the only British Prime Minister to be given a state funeral if you ignore the existence of The Duke of Wellington, Palmerston and Gladstone.

You seem to be trying to politicise this matter. Thatcher was clearly supported by enough of the population to be elected to office 3 times. She also led the country to victory in a war.

I would imaging when Tony Blair comes to his dotage folks will start proposing a state funeral for him.

we could bury Tory Blair in with Thatcher... she and he were more alike than you could wish for.

we could bury Tory Blair in with Thatcher... she and he were more alike than you could wish for.

the difference being she did actually care for the country...unlike the piece of scum blair is and was! only out for his own gain and dont get me started on his harriden of a wife, Mrs Thatcher was ten times the PM he was!

I suppose that the scum will always show their true colours.

There are 100s of thousands of ordinary people who worked in or who depended on traditional manufacturing industries who had their lives turned upside down by the policies of Mrs T. I'd hardly call them scum. On the other hand, I'd be happy to describe as scum the merchant bankers who were 'liberated' by the Thatcher Government and who are largely responsbible for the mess we are in now.

Archived