2yr old beats up 3yr old at nursery

Plus: imagine that you are a parent who pays £££ for childcare.

Not too good value-for-money childcare at that nursery, it seems.

Well if I paid for child care my teenage lads would be insulted.I am not going to be deflected from my comments-lets think about bioh kids not the staff etc.

The desire to find blame is obscring the search for an explanation,as usual on SF.Anyone got a spare scapegooat?

Whos looking for blame?

Blames in your head not mine,

Im thinking more intervention.

Something may be happening at home that could be encourageing this child to behave like a thug. Do you not think it needs looking into?

Whos looking for blame?

Blames in your head not mine,

Im thinking more intervention.

Something may be happening at home that could be encourageing this child to behave like a thug. Do you not think it needs looking into?

If you wish to get to the root of this ,great.Did it happen in Sheffield?Are you going nationwide?

Here's an interesting article about child aggression, dealing with it instantly, following up, sticking to a plan & teaching the child to apologize seems to be the order of the day, but I suppose that takes an awful lot of time & effort, but worth it in the end. Then again we don't know the full story about the 2year old and like someone has already pointed out the child could have had learning difficulties, and if that's the case all the more reason for the nursery staff to be keeping an eye out for any problems that may arise.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_aggression-why-it-happens-and-what-to-do-about-it_63817.bc

Here's an interesting article about child aggression, dealing with it instantly, following up, sticking to a plan & teaching the child to apologize seems to be the order of the day, but I suppose that takes an awful lot of time & effort, but worth it in the end. Then again we don't know the full story about the 2year old and like someone has already pointed out the child could have had learning difficulties, and if that's the case all the more reason for the nursery staff to be keeping an eye out for any problems that may arise.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_aggression-why-it-happens-and-what-to-do-about-it_63817.bc

Really the parents should not offload the problem but deal with it themselves.

No, it happened at a nursery. The staff were in loco parentis; but failed to deliver.

I am concerned about the morality of the issue,not whether the staff were acting on behalf of the parents.I think the nursery should end its association with the offending chold as its complex problems cannot be addressed adequately.

Archived