There's a different world out there!

I've just joined Facebook, I know I'm a little behind the times. Started by making friends with people I knew, had a nosey at their photos & walls. Moved on to people they knew and so on. Good God there's a different world out there! Photos of people who have to show the world what party animals they are, gun signs with the hands, pictures of latest tattoos, staffies by the dozen, pictures of men with huge muscles and of course the female model wannabes. As for the walls: dis, dey, dem, dat, innit etc. I honestly didn't believe I was this naive. I know that there are people out here who act and think like that, but here are so many of them! What put me out the most were people in their 30s and 40s who portray themselves in this way.

Yeah it's annoying, it's the same on here.

The comforting thought is though that people who type properly are higher up the social hierarchy than those who don't.

And I'm not talking about the odd spelling mistake, I mean those who seem to deliberately talk like they were educated by a zebra.

Cautionary note is that Facebook is accessible to anyone (if you don't know about the privacy settings, which can be a bit of a minefield). So, say like I am at the moment, applying for jobs in the local area, all that employer has to do is look you up on Facebook, and they 'may' get a completely different view of you from the polished CV you proudly sent them. It happens.

It's all show on FB, people bragging for others to read, a married man I know know is seing another woman on the sly, yet he braggs on FB how happily married he is and his kids are just wonderful he can't stand his wife or his kids and plans on leaving them in 2013, others I know on FB...OH! life is just wonderful........little do they know who's reading it :hihi:

FB stands for Fantasy Bull :roll:

Archived