Peugeot 406 hdi

Could be a number of things, you need a Peugeot Planet diagnostic to give you the fault codes and check the suspect parts. I'll PM you the details of a freelancer in Rotherham.

What year, engine size and BHP is your car?

1999 1997cc (110)

cousin used his diagnostic thingymabob and with ignition on but engine not running,got codes...P0 230 & P0 380.

no idea what they are!

:help:

1999 1997cc (110)

cousin used his diagnostic thingymabob and with ignition on but engine not running,got codes...P0 230 & P0 380.

no idea what they are!

:help:

Thats pump circuit and glowplug circuit, the lifter pump in the tank goes on these loads, check on your fuel filter if there are metal shavings if so the pump ate itself(expensive).

Does the car start for a bit? If so the glowplug fault will just be one not heating up. If it wont start at all try turning your ignition on(not starting engine) then off then on (repeat a few more times) then try to fire.

Thats pump circuit and glowplug circuit, the lifter pump in the tank goes on these loads, check on your fuel filter if there are metal shavings if so the pump ate itself(expensive).

Does the car start for a bit? If so the glowplug fault will just be one not heating up. If it wont start at all try turning your ignition on(not starting engine) then off then on (repeat a few more times) then try to fire.

Cheers for that..if I took the pump out of the tank, would I be able to tell if it has gone just from inspecting it??

will reconnecting the battery help.?? i had someone i know put my 307 hdi on a computer and it made it go all to ****....so we took the battery off, left it a few minutes and reconnected, and it put it back to where it was before he messed with it......it may help....

If you disconnect the battery you must perform the BSI reset.

If you disconnect the battery you must perform the BSI reset.

Sorry you lost me!!!:huh:

I went out to try to start the car and it started 2nd go, took it for a tentative drive round the block, and although it seems fine??? it is a little down on power and the engine management light is on all the time. I dare not take it too far in case I can't get back. thanks to all....

Sorry you lost me!!!:huh:

I went out to try to start the car and it started 2nd go, took it for a tentative drive round the block, and although it seems fine??? it is a little down on power and the engine management light is on all the time. I dare not take it too far in case I can't get back. thanks to all....

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=peugeot_bsi_body_control_failure

try the BSI Reset procedure as this may cure your faults:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

If the management light is on you really need to get a Peugeot Planet diagnostic done.

Archived