Non-Christians, Do You Feel Excluded at Xmas?

What other day is venerated by more people in the entire world?

Thousands of millions respect Christmas Day, in fact the whole world does.

Thousands of millions respect the fact that they are given the day off, you'll be lucky if one in 10,000 cares about the reason:D:love:

I'm not a Christian... and neither is Christmas....

tbh, i'm just stopping there, not gonna draw into a lengthly debate about how the christians basically stole christmas, or at very least the idea of!!

You're probably correct, but does it matter, really? we are where we are now so why split hairs? anyone would think that you were attempting to poo-poo western christian and capitalist values in general. Perish that thought :D

Are you serious? You think that ANYONE believes that a fat man dressed in red flies through the sky to deliver presents? It's just all good will and good fun that's all ;)

Also, you don't have to be a Christian, there's very little about Christmas that's really to do with Christianity.

I find it very difficult to understand that people who don't believe in any of the Christmas story celebrate Christmas, why bother if you don't think it's true, amazingly hypocritical.

Hypocritical? Why should I have to believe a load of lies just to have a good time at Christmas? The same applies to Easter and ever Sunday. Why should I have to believe that God created the universe in 6 days and then rested on the 7th just so I can take it easy every Sunday? Religious ideas are a load of rubbish and no one has to believe in them to have the right to enjoy life.

I find it very difficult to understand that people who don't believe in any of the Christmas story celebrate Christmas, why bother if you don't think it's true, amazingly hypocritical.

Are you seriously finding it difficult to understand why people enjoy gathering their families together and exchanging gifts, eating fine foods, drinking a little too much alcohol and making the most of time off work?????

Still wondering why people bother?

Archived