Non-Christians, Do You Feel Excluded at Xmas?

Pat's latest rant. :hihi:

He's right though. Lets leave Christmas alone. It IS part of our heritage..

It's not part of our heritage, we were pagans at the time of the so called messiah so how do you work that out? It's just a good excuse for a binge and a party much same as rest of year really:hihi::hihi::love:

It's not part of our heritage, we were pagans at the time of the so called messiah so how do you work that out? It's just a good excuse for a binge and a party much same as rest of year really:hihi::hihi::love:

That's partly what I mean. Its a public holiday as well as a religious festival. So I can't understand how anyone can be so miserable (not you) at this time of year. I'm a none believer but accept and tolerate Christian's right to celebrate their faith.

It doesn't have to be all about presents and spending money; we don't have to over drink and eat. That's a personal choice.

I've had Christmas' when I've spent loads and those when I've spent little. Been abroad, to others houses and quiet with just me and the (latest:hihi:) bird. I've had them when I've been drunk for 2 weeks and those when I haven't had anything, even on New Years Eve..

I can't stand the way its been manipulated by businesses and now starts in November. I don't take the bait though...:suspect::hihi:

As an indie kid I certainly feel the need to exclude myself from shops round this time of year as quickly as possible to escape the dreadful Xmas music. I pity anyone who works in retail having to listen to that 5 days a week for months on end.

My niece works at Morrisons and they're in tomorrow at 5.00am. There's only so many times you can listen to Noddy Holder without screaming...

You may forget small matters like children's nativity plays, morning service at CofE churches, midnight mass at Catholic churches, and little reminders like angels on the Christmas tree, not forgetting nativity scenes and angels on many of the cards we exchange.

But no, you can of course choose to pretend you don't see any of that, and just turn it into a political issue. :rolleyes:

The Sacred Heart church in Hillsborough no longer does midnight mass, for safety reasons it is at 9pm, but it is always very well attended.

Archived