Non-Christians, Do You Feel Excluded at Xmas?

It's not part of our heritage, we were pagans at the time of the so called messiah so how do you work that out? It's just a good excuse for a binge and a party much same as rest of year really:hihi::hihi::love:

Who were pagans?

I dont remember any pagans where I lived when I was in Sheffield.

We were all good Catholics in my area.

Or are you relating yourself to the poor souls who lived here thousands of years ago?

If you are, dont try, a modern human would not live five minutes in the conditions of a few thousand years ago.

Move with the times for Christs sake.

Who were pagans?

Or are you relating yourself to the poor souls who lived here thousands of years ago?

If you are, dont try, a modern human would not live five minutes in the conditions of a few thousand years ago.

:huh: Acknowledging our pagan past & also pointing out that like many things Xianty is imported in no way even implies that someone wishes to going back to an iron age lifestyle.

Like it or not there are distinct traces of paganism (which simply means all religions other than Xianty and Judaism) in our culture, from the names given to the days of the week and months of the year, many of the cultural practices involved in "Christian" festivals like Xmas and Easter, to the inspiration behind

I, like most in the UK, enjoy the more secular aspects of the holiday: family gatherings, giving & receiving gifts, food, the tree decorations and the odd drink. For me, and the majority of my family, Christmas has never been about Jesus or Christianity. So I don't feel excluded.

These two video pretty much sum-up my thoughts on Xmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8Y1-VLjGQ

Yes of course you are right.

10's of millions will be at church in England on Christmas Day. As they always are.

The real figures is probably less than 1 million

I certainly won't be one of them - for me Christmas has no religious or superstitious meaning, but I have no problem joining in with the presents and the food and the drinking and the songs.

I people want to waste their time pretending to speak to an invisible man in the sky, then fair enough - I'll not be joining you though!

Who were pagans?

If you read my post correctly I said we were pagans at the time of the supposed birth of Jesus. I wasn't around then and I don't believe in mythical beings, I have no desire to live in a different time so I don't see where you're coming from because I never said I expected anybody to want to live in those days. I think you've misinterpreted what I said

By pretending to believe a made up story about a magic baby from 2000 years ago?

I was attempting a stab at wit, when I said 10's of millions would be attending church, there will not even be 10's of thousands, as we all know.

Regarding Paganism, of course it is more sensible to adore the tree in next doors garden, than it is to show respect to the creator of the Universe.

Latterday pagans should really be adoring petrol pumps and electricity pylons etc, as these have more meaning to their lives these days.

Archived