Non-Christians, Do You Feel Excluded at Xmas?

Again he was born in the summer around June is the latest theory,so why dec 25 is beyond me?

December 25th, because a huge Roman festival already took place at the time of the Winter Solstice and lasted four days, culminating on the 25th. When the Roman emperors turned to Christianity, they just renamed that festival and pretended it was to celebrate the birth of Christ.

I'm not a Christian but I don't mind christmas so much .... apart from crappy TV and the review of the year etc. I don't need a review, I was already there thanks.

I love the eating, drinking, kissing and whatever you can get hold off with your hands, why is it called christmas, should it be called indulge as much as you can. ?.:clap:

The thing is with Santa, we tell children the truth as they get a bit older.[/quote

I think the same as with religion a lot of the truth reveals itself so there's no need to.

Never confuse religion with belief in God.

The two are often at oposition.

As with this paganism that so many on here say they support.

They see gods everywhere, then say they have no religion.

Whats all that about?

Never confuse religion with belief in God.

The two are often at oposition.

As with this paganism that so many on here say they support.

They see gods everywhere, then say they have no religion.

Whats all that about?

I'm not confused. I don't deny a persons right to believe nor denounce their beliefs. I have no interest in tearing the bible to pieces or poking holes in religion. It's answerable for many atrocities and equally it has been the saviour of many.

Christmas now is a deformity of what it was and like many others I don't relate celebrating anyone's birth during it's course, it's merely a time to enjoy as best you can some moments with family and friends.

Archived