WARNING: Eggs may contain egg

A peanut is a bean, isn't it? (If I remember my QI correctly :))

yes, they are part of the Legume family, which includes peas and beans. In some places, they are called "Ground Nuts" which can be dangerous if people who are allergic to peanuts don't know that groundnut oil is peanut oil.

yes, they are part of the Legume family, which includes peas and beans. In some places, they are called "Ground Nuts" which can be dangerous if people who are allergic to peanuts don't know that groundnut oil is peanut oil.

Don't forget the dangers of aflatoxins.

I remember Private Eye publishing a photo of a sign that read "Please do not throw stones at this sign".

There are a few images of it on google but they look fake.

It used to be on Ilkley Moor, or some other moor in that general area of West Yorkshire. I don't know if it's still there. (I would strongly suspect that it will have been destroyed by the vast number of stones thrown at it!)

A friend of mine had nut allergies, which includes peanuts. Difficult for him, as when he goes to Hong Kong each year he has to ask at every place what they cook with: as most Chinese use peanut oil.

As for QI, at least 30% of the so called facts on there are total nonsense. Not that I am saying you folks are wrong about the peanut bit, I just mean in general.

Archived