Which Christmas song takes you back.

grinder

The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot. My dad used to sing this to us when we were children and it used to make me sad. He was taken from us too soon when I was 19 and I only have to hear it now to start the tears, in fact it was on the radio this morning while I was baking - we may have salty mince pies now!!
You are not alone,I always have tears in my eyes at hearing this song it always reminds me of my crap childhood.

We always used to sing a carol called "Sweet Bells". I think this was sometimes called the Sheffield Carol, and I know Kate Rusby has recorded it on a CD.

Does anyone else remember this one?

This song was sung by the kids at High green primary school at their carol concert .Its a lovely song especially when sung by children .:)

Little Donkey reminds me of my childhood.......how I always felt sorry for him on 'that dusty road with his heavy load'.

Also felt very sorry for Lassie on TV and how watching a Lassie film on Christmas Eve and crying once spoilt Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, the day after.......

We always used to sing a carol called "Sweet Bells". I think this was sometimes called the Sheffield Carol, and I know Kate Rusby has recorded it on a CD.

Does anyone else remember this one?

I saw her with a brass quartet performing this (and joined in) live last Christmas. It is on her Christmas CD, including lots of local carols.

Sweet Bells includes lots of the words of 'When Shepherds Watched Their Flocks' but to a completely different tune.

• 7 months later...

Archived