Away from your children at christmas?

or children away from you?

care to share your stories?

first xmas away from my daughter after splitting from her dad....finding it hard to be honest...i get her back on boxing day...cant wait!

i know there are parents who wont get their children back at all and vice versa, and my heart goes out to them xx

or children away from you?

care to share your stories?

first xmas away from my daughter after splitting from her dad....finding it hard to be honest...i get her back on boxing day...cant wait!

i know there are parents who wont get their children back at all and vice versa, and my heart goes out to them xx

My kids off to her mums on boxing day. I focus on the fact that the kid or kids get two Christmas days, two birthdays etc. We are ten years on from split so it's 99% calm now. I do feel for you. It does get better.

Whose decision was that?

It wasn't anyone's decision, I spent my Christmas at home with parents and siblings. We saw Grandparents at other times of the year and stayed with them for weeks holidays just not at Christmas, I was extremely close to all my Grandparents. It certainly isn't compulsory to see them at Christmas is it?

It wasn't anyone's decision, I spent my Christmas at home with parents and siblings. We saw Grandparents at other times of the year and stayed with them for weeks holidays just not at Christmas, I was extremely close to all my Grandparents. It certainly isn't compulsory to see them at Christmas is it?

Of course it was someone's decision. Someone said something like "we won't visit you this Christmas because we saw you earlier in the year" or "don't visit us this Christmas because you visited us earlier in the year".

It isn't compulsory to see grandparents at Christmas but it is a special time to be together especially for the children.

Archived