New Fish and Chip Restaurant Catcliffe

pistonbroke

Deffo Morrisons are good value and the portions are a good size.Still good luck to the venture I hope it does well.

the new place is better and the takeaway is about £5 thats all, but tbh morrisons fish n chips arent bad, just cheap oven chips let it down.

the boxs are made specificatly too absorbe the oil from the fish to give a better product. went in the restaurant just last wednesday and the food (i had a haddock ) was brill.yes ,it would have been cheeper in the take away ,but sometimes you just want something else and the restaurant gives you that . nice " place" !

the boxs are made specificatly too absorbe the oil from the fish to give a better product. went in the restaurant just last wednesday and the food (i had a haddock ) was brill.yes ,it would have been cheeper in the take away ,but sometimes you just want something else and the restaurant gives you that . nice " place" !

If the boxes are to absorbe the "oil" then they are obviously not cooking in dripping as we may have hoped?

You also said, the haddock was "brill"? :huh:

I'd have complained about that.

Brill is a very different kind of fish to haddock. Haddock has nice big flaky chunks of fish, whereas brill is a flat-fish, like plaice, with very small flakes.

I've not been to this chippy yet but clearly some people on here really rate it - yet others have been quite negative about it as well. It's hard to know whether the positive posts are being generated by those with some kind of interest in seeing it succeed, in some cases.

All I can think of is why, on God's earth, would I want to make a special trip to one of the most depressing parts of the city to eat fish and chips? I would have to be hungry and passing by the area for this to happen.

If it does, I'll let you know what I think - meanwhile - it's interesting to hear others views.

A man goes into a fish and chip shop with a salmon under his arm.

He asks 'Do you sell fish cakes here?'

'No' was the reply.

'Shame, it's his birthday.'

:D I like it!

I went into one of my favourite chippy's the other day - Margaret's just off Whit Moor.

They have the menu chalked up on a blackboard in there and some young wag had rubbed out a bit of the letter "R" from the word "Rissoles" - so that it looked like a "P".

Mischievously I pointed to it and asked for "P issole and chips". Margaret said to me, "it's not a P, it's an R"

So i asked for "R sole and chips" instead.

What it actually does is allow the steam to escape from the surface of the food meaning that your food stays crisp. As intended.

It will also absorb some oil but any decent fryer would not have enough surplus oil left on the food to warrant a special box to absorb it.

I was there last night, along with some guests from Germany who loved it.

It's not expensive unless you compare it to the ****e they serve in morrissons. It's well worth a try , and dare I say it, a special trip.

Mrs Bigsteve and I called there the other week and ate in the resturant bit, £20 for fish chips and peas twice and a coffee and a tea.

Ok it is a bit expensive but its done nice and the service was spot on and to be honest I would sooner pay a bit more and it be really nice than get it cheap and it be soggy frozen crap.

The fish was fresh, the chips crisp, admitedly the peas were so/so but on the whole it was nice and we would go back again.

people not go the money to eat out. if i was to go there how much for 4 kids & 2 adults

then the drinks, bread, peas, ect you dont get in with the meals.

i know its not the same but must be cheaper to have fish & chips at home

why not use the takeaway and try it? handy for morrisons after shopping!

Archived