Are we going to get an influx of bad weather ?

These sites appear to contradict the site you quoted.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. All sorts of people seem to have all sorts of 'opinions' about what the global climate is going to do.

Have you found anybody who is prepared to give you a money-back guarantee?

A lot of people have made a lot of money out of global warming. Soon, no doubt, a lot of people will make a lot of money out of global cooling.

Here's a site which says the solar system is entering a period of 'Solar minimum' sunspot activity and the earth is headed for an ice age. (As it was back in the 70's)

There are few certainties, but I suggest that fuel and energy costs are going to increase whatever happens. It's going to cost us more to heat and light our houses, more to cool them, more to transport ourselves and our goods.

I had looked at fitting solar water heating on the roof of this house (liquid-filled panels.) I'm not so sure that will be cost-effective (I've still got some sums to do.)

I have, however, improved the insulation and taken a number of steps to reduce electricity usage.

The local power company has a scheme (here are the details) which offers a significant reduction in my monthly bill and reduces the demand for additional power stations. If you 'opt in' (and I did) then at peak periods, they can cut off power to an 'on call' circuit for up to 10 minutes per hour. (The on-call circuit knocks off power to the air conditioning, heating and water heater.)

The house doesn't get significantly warmer or cooler during the 'off' periods, so I don't notice it - but FPL can smooth out the demand at peak periods and they don't need as many power stations.

The planet has warmed and cooled periodically since time began with the 'sharpest' rise in temperatures being way back around the 1200ad mark.. long before 'man made' CO2 emissions. This was a 'fact' produced by historical scientists taking Earth samples from around the globe. Of course, this will never convince the current climate change scientists (paid by pro-green tax political elite) nor climate change hippies and cyclists alike, so its best that we just say "yeah man, this December has been really warm - the BBQ Chicken xmas dinner made me realise that the Range Rover is a bad idea and i should buy a bicycle".

That's about the size of it :cool:

I'd be surprised if they didn't. All sorts of people seem to have all sorts of 'opinions' about what the global climate is going to do.

I don’t think NASA’s date is opinion they measure the temperature and it is going up and theoretically because of lower solar activity the temperature should be cooling.

I agree about energy costs and you will probably find solar water heating is a viable option, unlike solar PV which needs heavy subsidy, I have done as much as possible to insulate our house to keep the heat in when it’s cold and heat out in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived