Did you get a Xmas card from your MP/a political party?

No I did not. Christmas cards are supposed to be used to send good wishes to people you know. IMO, using Christmas cards as political advertisements is an abuse of the MP's free postal entitlement. We've seen enough examples of MPs abusing their expense allowances during the past couple of years. Had I received a mass-mailed Christmas card from an MP, that would've been a good reason not to vote for that person or his/her party in future elections.

I wonder how many politicians paid for the cards and the postage out of their own pockets?

I got a Labour Xmas card and my nan got a Lib Dem one from Nick Clegg.

Neither were printed in Sheffield.

Did you get a Xmas card from your MP?

The only thing I have got from my MP was verbal abuse; he doesn’t like me very much but the feeling is mutual.

I got a card from President Obama and his family. Threy dont know me from Adam but I've contributed to his election campaign next yea.

I didn't send one back because last July I requested a tour of the White House while me and my wife were in Washington DC but no one bothered to even reply

Archived