Cheapest Way To Travel Around Central London?

Cycling in Central London?! The guy's going for a fortnight and I guess he wants to actually still be alive and in one piece at the end of it? Cycling would definitely NOT be the way to travel then!!!

They did ask for the cheapest, not the best, safest or most comfortable :hihi:

Does London Transport (if it still exists) still offer 'Zoned' daily/weekly travel cards?

(I haven't been to London for a while ... my last travel card cost about 2 quid for a week.)

If not, can you get a 'tourist travel pass' online?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c75899/London:United-Kingdom:Oyster.Cards.Travelcards.And.Tickets.html

No.. £1 for 1 hour only and £50 for the day!

As CorkerSWFC said, buy a cheap bike and use that as its by far the cheapest option.

If all your journeys are under 30 minutes then you just pay £1 for the day (or £5 for a week). There are pickup & drop off points all over the city. The idea is you take a bike, ride it to your destination, leave it there for somebody else to use, then get another bike for the way back. As long as you don't keep any individual bike for over 30 minutes you just pay the £1 a day access fee.

If you pay £50 for a day it's because you're doing it wrong.

Archived