Spelling mistakes and the validity of an argument.

I'm sure most members will be able to figure out what it should have said with out too much effort.

Why did you say the following?

"When you resort to pointing out spelling mistakes it’s a certainty you have lost the argument"

Do you believe that YES OR NO?

If yes, you're an idiot.

If not, why did you say it?

Was is because you had essentially lost the argument you were having with me and didn't have anything else to come back with?

Why did you say the following?

"When you resort to pointing out spelling mistakes it’s a certainty you have lost the argument"

Do you believe that YES OR NO?

If yes, you're an idiot.

If not, why did you say it?

Was is because you had essentially lost the argument you were having with me and didn't have anything else to come back with?

I believe that when you started to insult and mock me for my poor spelling and continually asked me to repost what had already been posted, you had lost the argument, you had failed to convince me that your copied idea was a good one.

You did criticize my spelling and have mocked my inability to spell, despite admitting you can’t spell. :huh:

Apart from this thread when I mocked your inability to spell "clarification," where else have I criticized your spelling? In the previous thread I mocked your inability to distinguish between "revolution" and "resolution." Two completely different words and a grammatical error NOT a spelling mistake (as I pointed out at the time, you had spelled the word correctly). Not only did you make that mistake once, you also made it again after I had already pointed it out.

A lack of effort in your writing implies a similar lack of effort in your "research."

Rather than accept this observation you instead suggested that my arguments were invalid because I pointed it out.

I believe that when you started to insult and mock me for my poor spelling and continually asked me to repost what had already been posted, you had lost the argument, you had failed to convince me that your copied idea was a good one.

The thread MrSmith is referring to is here.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=910034

I suggest people read for themselves and see if MrSmith is telling the truth.

(I'll save you all some time, he isn't)

Also note that once again, MrSmith didn't answer the question I asked which was.....

Why did you say....

Is it because your an idiot?

You didn't have to read my thread. You certainly didn't have to post in it. You are free to go off and read something else if you don't like the subject.

Also, I'll say it AGAIN, I am not criticizing spelling, but the fallacy that pointing out spelling mistakes invalidates ones argument.

The end of page 2 and most people seem to have entirely missed the OPs point.

That said, it doesn't help your argument to point out someone else's spelling mistakes, so why bother unless they're particularly bad or annoying?

Archived