Post christmas syndrome.

Hello...Thing is, forumers....you can't really have "post-Christmas" syndrome until after Christmas, which is, in FACT, January 6th 2012...(no really, go look...try your, erm, computers and books..and HISTORY and things).

There is NO avoiding Christmas which, for the record, BEGINS on December 25th, hence, Christmas Eve, "doh"...and ENDS, 12 days, yes TWELVE days later...on January 6th. You are ALL now, IN Christmas...yes, now...go figure!

Happy Christmas to you "ALL", however, small and simple-minded....or not, as the case may be.

Hello...Thing is, forumers....you can't really have "post-Christmas" syndrome until after Christmas, which is, in FACT, January 6th 2012...(no really, go look...try your, erm, computers and books..and HISTORY and things).

There is NO avoiding Christmas which, for the record, BEGINS on December 25th, hence, Christmas Eve, "doh"...and ENDS, 12 days, yes TWELVE days later...on January 6th. You are ALL now, IN Christmas...yes, now...go figure!

Happy Christmas to you "ALL", however, small and simple-minded....or not, as the case may be.

you sound as if you are still in the Christmas spirit or on the Christmas spirits. :lol:

You might want to get that computer of yours fixed. It can't count.

The first day of Christmas is the 25th of December (though Christmas is preceded by Advent, which is also an excuse for a lot of partying - a 28 day party this year.)

The 12th day of Christmas is the 5th of January. - the 6th is Three Kings' day. Christmas ends with the 12th Night celebrations. (12th Night ... That would be a good name for some sort of theatrical event to celebrate the end of Christmas ;)).

It's still winter, so you might want to continue the party for a while ... There's always the 5th Season - Fasching Karneval - which runs from the 7th of January until the 21st of February in 2012.

Then you can go on a diet and de-tox! :hihi:

I always hate this time between Xmas day and new year. Had a really good 'family' day on Xmas day. Now I'm back in my one bedroom flat watching rubbish TV and trying socks on. I'm not really a new year person either, I'll still be in one bed flat trying to focus on Jools Holland's 'Hootennany' after lots of tinnies and a cheeky brandy or two. Sad? very!!!

Look at the positives...

1. You won't have to queue up for 15mins at a bar to get served, and then spend 5 minutes trying to avoid dropping a brimming pint down someone's suit as everyone seems to try bump into you.

2. You won't have to pay a ridiculous taxi fare.

3. You won't freeze to death.

4. You won't have to sing along drunkenly to Auld Lang Syne (does anyone really know the words?), whilst linking arms with a total stranger who has probably been to the toilet 18 times without washing his hands once.

5. You won't have to wear a blue party hat which runs blue dye down your face when you sweat, making everyone think you are having a heart attack (it happened to my uncle).

6. It may be windy, so you won't be burned to death by a stray Chinese Lantern.

I spent Thurs 22nd to 24th in Glasgow with my girlfriend. It was a nice and relaxed couple of days wandering around George Square watching the kids on the rides,enjoying the illuminations,and eating big hot-dogs and sipping mulled-wine.

24th i travelled down to Sheffield and stayed at my sisters until the 27th.Watching my kids,nephews,nieces etc: opening their presents was lovely.All my bro and sisters kids running wild don't bother me because it's only once a year.Catching up with mates over a few beers is great as well.

Back up to Glasgow 27th and stayed at my girlfriends exchanging gifts,and then a walk down the West-end calling in a cosy pub for food n drink.

28th back home for me in Ayr where my housemate is walking around the kitchen like a depressed caged animal. Haha! It's at this point that i realise how much i hate the period inbetween Boxing day and New Years Eve! I'm suddenly wishing i was back at work for a few days. Families may be loud and boisterous at this time of year,but enjoy it and think yourselfs lucky!

My housemate and i decided to cook our own xmas dinner,and drink lots of beer to keep the festive spirits up.Then today i'm off to the gym to keep me busy.

New Years Eve i'm back up in Glasgow to stay with my partner, watch the fireworks in George Square,then a Samba bar,followed by a Blues pub with fab live music.New Years Day we will take in a nice walk,then lunch in a nice pub..

Archived