Do animal hunts still take place over the xmas period?

Whilst not condoning bloodlust sports to show how misguided some people can be there has been a spate of fox dumping in the area around my village. A large red van appears in the middle of the night opens the rear doors and out jumps a fox or two. One local guy who has always kept geese by his pond comes out and finds 3 have been killed but not eaten which is pretty standard behaviour for a fox. Then the local people who keep chickens find fox droppings next to their henhouses.

When will these people learn that nimbyism does not cure the problems only moves them out of sight. Now the locals have to go out and shoot them instead of humanly putting them down.

I'm more bothered by the interfering idots who try to get in the way of the hunts. It's a great shame trespassers can't be shot.

More third rate apeing of Clarkson; surely a bloke of your alleged intelligence can do better.

Moderately amusing you turning your usual stance on the law on its head by the way.

Perhaps you could explain why breaking the law regarding hunting is morally defensible whilst breaking the law by smoking dope is not?

Have you revised your opinion on law-breakers Conrod?
See below.

More third rate apeing of Clarkson; surely a bloke of your alleged intelligence can do better.
Ah, you just can't resist getting personal, can you? Moving on: no apeing, just my own view. I thought you'd have recognised that by now.

Moderately amusing you turning your usual stance on the law on its head by the way.

Perhaps you could explain why breaking the law regarding hunting is morally defensible whilst breaking the law by smoking dope is not?

Where have I condoned breaking the law?

I said that the ban changed nothing. The hunts go on, scent trails are put down, but there are still legal ways of carrying on and taking the fox, not to mention that if the hounds happen across a fox while on a scent trail and give it a good towsing there's nothing illegal about that either.

The law changed very little - it was an ill-conceived piece of legislation produced by misguided idiots - thankfully they didn't understand what they were trying to legislate against, so they made little impact on country sports.

See below.

Ah, you just can't resist getting personal, can you? Moving on: no apeing, just my own view. I thought you'd have recognised that by now.

Where have I condoned breaking the law?

I said that the ban changed nothing. The hunts go on, scent trails are put down, but there are still legal ways of carrying on and taking the fox, not to mention that if the hounds happen across a fox while on a scent trail and give it a good towsing there's nothing illegal about that either.

The law changed very little - it was an ill-conceived piece of legislation produced by misguided idiots - thankfully they didn't understand what they were trying to legislate against, so they made little impact on country sports.

The above post just about says it all. Stupid law by stupid Townies that do not have a clue about how the Countyside "works".

Angel.

Really, got any facts to back up this claim?

The bill wasn't just about fox hunting was it, it also outlawed the despicable

acts shown below:

and also hare coursing.

Hare coursing and poaching were illegal BEFORE the hunting act was passed

Dear God, are you actually concerned about the hunting of rabbits - do you want them to be protected???????
Er, no - what made you think that was any more than a statement of fact?

Rabbits are a destructive menace. They're at infestation levels in Peterborough where I used to live

There was a time when a joust with the beasts in the countryside was viewed as English as apple pie and custard.

Do these events still take place - where the beast (sometimes a fox) pits its wits and mastery of the surroundings, and put all it has into a contest against dozens of humans on horseback and 100s of dogs?

Dunno about horse-mounted hunts (what an antiquated and unnecessarily resource-intensive method!), but there were plenty of shoots and culls around the New Year.

A haunch of venison in the freezer (and a couple of pheasants to pluck and prep this weekend) later, and I can confirm that these events still take place indeed :thumbsup:

Archived