Murderers in the Family

Rivelin6

Rumours of a murder in my family too. My great grandfather who had a coal business in Attercliffe & was fairly wealthy by Attercliffe standards was rumoured to have murderdered his quite beautiful wife by drowning her in the bath. Wonder if it ever made the press? Family name was Keys & this would be in the 1910s I would think.

Need to pm me his first name as too many references to Keys, saying that Sheffield newspapers don't cover much after 1903 so it might be a trip down to the Local Studies Library. Just an update on my story the other month I met up with the ggg grandson of the brother my ancestor murdered. That was really weird meeting but glad to say we got on very well and he bought me lunch!:D

Need to pm me his first name as too many references to Keys, saying that Sheffield newspapers don't cover much after 1903 so it might be a trip down to the Local Studies Library. Just an update on my story the other month I met up with the ggg grandson of the brother my ancestor murdered. That was really weird meeting but glad to say we got on very well and he bought me lunch!:D

he'll be lulling you into a false sense of security then WHAM!!! he'll be getting his own back :P

he'll be lulling you into a false sense of security then WHAM!!! he'll be getting his own back :P

Did your lunch taste odd at all ....?

Hi,

My records for Attercliffe don't go into the 1920's and I have checked Tinsley but can't find them there. There are other Feethams though. It might be worth posting on Sheffield Indexers. http://www.sheffieldindexers.com to see if anyone has more up to date records. Otherwise it's a trip to the Archives I'm afraid.

Some Feethams lived on Hinde House Lane in 70"s come into a few bob and went to live with the elite on WhiteWays ::thumbsup:

30 years ago I worked in the insurance industry. I dealt with 4 or 5 murders....paying out the life insurance to the relatives. I also had a 'struck by lightning death'.

Strangest one being a victim beaten to death by a frozen joint of meat.........

Needless to say nothing surprises me these days.

Archived