Travelling to Liverpool Airport

fling

are you travelling by car?

if so, then maybe one of the multitude of online journey planners could help

By car.

The AA says via M56 and A557. Never even thought of that one.

I would usually go M1 then M62 but was wondering what other routes people used.

By car.

I would usually go M1 then M62 but was wondering what other routes people used.

the motorways are probably the best, but there are a lot of roadworks on the m62 at the minute, no real delays just lots of average speed 50mph sections.

though if you felt brave, from your side of town i'd be tempted by the foxhouse-hathesage route and pick up the motorways around stockport.

This.

If it were me I'd go Woodhead/Snake - M67 - M60 south - M56 - A557, over the runcorn bridge and onto the Speke road to Airport.

Woodhead/Glossop can be very busy and the area around Runcorn can also get busy depending on the time of day but by the time you got to Runcorn that would probably be ok. But possibly for an 8am kick off I'd be wanting to avoid Glossop like the plague :huh:

That route will pop you into Liverpool on the south end - M62 drops you more into the centre, not particularly convenient for the Airport.

This.

If it were me I'd go Woodhead/Snake - M67 - M60 south - M56 - A557, over the runcorn bridge and onto the Speke road to Airport.

This.

Done it many times no probs. just be careful at Runcorn cos road signs aren't brill but it's still best and shortest route

Archived