Rise @ The Hallamshire (West Street)

Andy C

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Bloo88 last night for the first time since it's changed hands and it was a rubbish experience.

My sister and I went about 7.30pm for food and it all started well with 2 for £7 on cocktails, which were tasty. We ordered a cheeseburger and a veggie burger (although I was always a fan of the pizzas at Rise, we decided to go for something different last night).

After waiting half an hour for burgers we were asked to move to a smaller table because someone had pre-booked a table for a large group but the table hadn't been reserved. So we were moved to seats that had a filing cabinet for a table!!!

Other people were eating there but the place wasn't massively busy. However, after an hour of waiting and asking twice where our food had got to, the burger and chips that I'd spotted sat on the food counter for 10 minutes was brought out as my veggie burger and my sister's cheeseburger followed. She couldn't eat the cremated burger and my mushroom burger, which came with mozzarella although I'd asked for goats cheese, was tasteless and the chips were burnt. I'm not usually a big complainer but after waiting so long for our food, it was beyond disappointing to receive this so we told the waitress (who was lovely but seemed like she was having a bad evening) and she offered us a full refund, which we took and went elsewhere to eat!!

Needless to say I won't be in a hurry to return.

• 3 months later...

Went to Bloo88 recently for Pizza. It was 2 for 1 on 12" pizzas and they were as good as I remembered them (last time I went was a few years back).

I was thinking about trying a burger but was drawn to the Pizza when I got there and was put off a little by the burger comments by the previous poster.

No one in our party tried a burger so can't comment whether the previous poster was unlucky to get a day when things weren't going smoothly, but our Pizzas were excellent and the waiting time was short. Saying that it was just busy rather than packed, so might be a different story if it's so busy you're waiting for a table.

As I go out for pizza quite regularly, I'll definitely be going back soon. It reminded me I shouldn't be paying £10+ a pizza at Pizza Express as often, even if I normally justify the Francesco Mazzei Calabrese as worth it.

Still one of the better places in Sheffield for Pizza imo.

Archived