"I resemble that remark"

Yeah, right:rolleyes:

For God's sake, IT'S A JOKE. An American JOKE, and an old one at that.

Frequently used by Groucho Marx and the Three Stooges. "I resemble that remark" is a smartmouth response to a verbal insult. See my earlier link below. You've obviously never heard of this before or you have heard it but don't understand it. I'm trying to explain it to you.

I Resemble That Remark

Used in response to a put-down, turning it on the one dishing out the put-down.

Source: The Three Stooges. Has since been used in countless films and tv shows, including Clerks and Friends.

Snooty Rich Lady: "Murphy, who are those slovenly creatures at the door?"

Murphy the butler: The plumbers, Madam.

Snooty Rich Lady: Well, send them to the servant's entrance. We can't allow rifraff in the front door.

Curly: I Resemble That Remark !

For God's sake, IT'S A JOKE. An American JOKE, and an old one at that.

Frequently used by Groucho Marx and the Three Stooges. "I resemble that remark" is a smartmouth response to a verbal insult. See my earlier link below. You've obviously never heard of this before or you have heard it but don't understand it. I'm trying to explain it to you.

I Resemble That Remark

Used in response to a put-down, turning it on the one dishing out the put-down.

Source: The Three Stooges. Has since been used in countless films and tv shows, including Clerks and Friends.

Snooty Rich Lady: "Murphy, who are those slovenly creatures at the door?"

Murphy the butler: The plumbers, Madam.

Snooty Rich Lady: Well, send them to the servant's entrance. We can't allow rifraff in the front door.

Curly: I Resemble That Remark !

I get it now - silly me:confused:

So, the bloke is actually agreeing with what JJ said about him but he's been so witty that JJ hasn't realised it.

Archived