Whats the best adventure you have had?

travelling to punk gigs in other towns was always an adventure when i was 18 - early 20s

meeting the same people in different gigs in different towns, finding somewhere to sleep (peoples houses, building sites, old railway huts), even getting there lol (hitching, bus, trains etc)

Dog sledding in Finland. I fell off a couple of times; once when I narrowly avoided head-butting a tree (woolly cap doesn't really count as head protection) and again when I was dragged on my front across a frozen lake and ended up with cracked ribs. I still feel a sense of panic when I think of it. It was well and truly a once in a an end of a lifetime experience.

Dog sledding in Finland. I fell off a couple of times; once when I narrowly avoided head-butting a tree (woolly cap doesn't really count as head protection) and again when I was dragged on my front across a frozen lake and ended up with cracked ribs. I still feel a sense of panic when I think of it. It was well and truly a once in a an end of a lifetime experience.

Mind you, with your injuries it meant you avoided the three day excursion into the Finnish wilderness, sleeping in log cabins at minus 28 degrees centigrade and braving the outside latrines. Brrrrr!

Archived