Whats the best adventure you have had?

Riding on the back of an unroadworthy motor bike, along crumbling roads in Bali, to get to an active volcano and climbing it.

Then sliding back down in the loose gravel on my bum - except for the last part which was on fire - I ran through that bit.

It was better than lying by the pool all day like my friends did.

(so was riding elephants, going white water rafting, snorkling, jet skiing, seeing traditional dance and going to Tanah Lot for the sunset.) (and meeting an American sailor)

Who wants to sit by a pool overlooking an ocean for a week?

My OH and I moved from Scotland to Yorkshire with our 6 week old daughter over 40 years ago. We gave up our flat, and left our families to follow his dream job. He was a singer in a dance band that got a contract with Top Rank. Many pro musicians made a living in those days, and most of the band were older and had moved around for years. However, it was a first for us and as we were young and daft it felt like an adventure. :roll:

Things didn't turn out as we hoped as most dance halls moved into the disco scene (and saved themselves a fortune) within a couple of years and there were few residencies for pro bands any more.

My OH took any jobs he could get, then started working the clubs as a solo singer as well as doing vocals in a variety of dance bands around this area. He made a decent living for some years, but it wasn't a great job for a family man. However, we survived, and we're still together - and fortunately our children have made much more sensible career decisions. ;)

Archived