Whats the best adventure you have had?

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense! it really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

But one place I don't ever want to be is in Continent.

Age 15, grabbed a tent and saved £5, spent the whole 6 weeks school holidays up on the moors with a friend roughing it.

Ran out of money after a few days, went a few days hungry (we only had our bus fares home), but then we met a farmer who gave us some work for sandwiches, then he had us hunting rabbits and chasing them off his farm. When he ran out of work he pointed us in the direction of an old lady who let us pitch up on her field and we helped her make jam, went picking the fruits for her on our travels, walked miles every day.

We were chased a few times by the parkies when roughing it.

great post ...all my adventures happened pre 15 years of age and too many gud uns to mention - a bad un was waggin it from school and goin stream jumping on hartley brook coming up short and twisting my ankle...try explaining that to me mam and dad and school ha ha those were the days

Couldn't agree more, I had some fantastic adventures pre 15. The six week hols especially :hihi:

When I look back it was an idyllic childhood, full of fun and contentment. Plus some good mates !! Still in touch to this day.

Wish it was the same world for my kids.

Age 15, grabbed a tent and saved £5, spent the whole 6 weeks school holidays up on the moors with a friend roughing it.

Ran out of money after a few days, went a few days hungry (we only had our bus fares home), but then we met a farmer who gave us some work for sandwiches, then he had us hunting rabbits and chasing them off his farm. When he ran out of work he pointed us in the direction of an old lady who let us pitch up on her field and we helped her make jam, went picking the fruits for her on our travels, walked miles every day.

We were chased a few times by the parkies when roughing it.

Respect !!

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense! it really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

But one place I don't ever want to be is in Continent.

Love it, not seen that before :hihi:

When I was 18 I got the magic bus from Athens to London, 3 days non-stop coach driving through Yugoslavia, Italy, France etc. I got romantically involved with the driver and ended up going back a week later, then back to Britain again 3 days later (the driver had been doing back to back trips for 7 months, 3.5 days each way!) There were two drivers, one slept on the back seat while the other drove, passing control over whilst moving, which was interesting to watch, they got one night's sleep in a hotel at each end of the 3 day trip). My job was to give them drinks of iced coffee and to talk to them so they didn't fall asleep. Occasionally they would stop and pour a bucket of water over their heads to keep awake.

On the final return trip it went pear shaped, firstly it was overbooked so some passengers were given small wooden stools to sit on in the aisle, then we lost 2 passengers on the Greek border (they didn't have passports), we lost one driver after being searched by police in Belgrade (drugs smuggling related I was told), and we lost the coach in Switzerland (it was refused entry to France under new road safety rules)! We spent 3 days sleeping on the coach in the British Embassy carpark in Geneva before embarking on a new coach and home.

Couldn't agree more, I had some fantastic adventures pre 15. The six week hols especially :hihi:

When I look back it was an idyllic childhood, full of fun and contentment. Plus some good mates !! Still in touch to this day.

Wish it was the same world for my kids.

i wish it was the same for my kids we were out from dawn til dusk in the six week hols, jumpers for goalposts, bikes to rivelin, fishing, swimming in the canal - yes the canal, scruffy knees and scabby elbows, every day was an adventure, no i pads, phones, pc rubbishness, the days lasted forever and you were never 'bored' like kids always are now, and none of i've got this -what have you got? cos we all had the same, a bike, a ball, a cricket bat, a fishing net/rod - easily pleased, sorted :)

Archived