If you could impose one rule to the forum.

New members would have to stand up to speak in the ampitheatre, shout "I am [insert new username here]", and include a video of them doing so with their first post.

We could then find out who it is whom has about 50000 usernames. And I could confirm my suspicions about a few others, whom seem to be living a fantasy life on the forum.

Luckily this being a 'Northern' forum (mostly) we don't have to suffer too much from (((((((((hugs))))))))))) and XxXxXxX etc etc but over use of 'Friendliness' to complete strangers on forums would be another thing I would ban.

One forum I'm a member of has the ending of every single solitary post, no matter how short the post is, mired in lines of guff :mad: I have to scroll through all the fluffiness and simpering affection, saying that if I wanted sympathy I would post there before this one :hihi:

New members would have to stand up to speak in the ampitheatre, shout "I am [insert new username here]", and include a video of them doing so with their first post.

We could then find out who it is whom has about 50000 usernames. And I could confirm my suspicions about a few others, whom seem to be living a fantasy life on the forum.

Now if you added a costume theme to this I would back your idea all the way!

If you had the chance to add one rule (not remove any rules) to the forum what would it be?

Tempting as it would be to ban certain topics I think I would get rid of all text speak.

I don't mean typo's or genuine spelling mistakes but the lazy way a few people write things out, like they are chatting on facebook, and there would be a penalty for using this lazy language too! Anyone caught would have a three day ban and be forced to read War and Peace in Latin, maybe not in Latin but some language they aren't fluent in. :(

Shurrup lad, tha dunt know what thas talkin abaht......<sigh> ....Is this ok to post? ...It's not text speak ....:)

Archived