Regrets. I have mine.

I do not regret much of what other people regret, but then my circumstances are different. We do not know how the things that we regret would have turned out anyhow. If I had got down on bended knee in the front garden and asked a lady to marry me, for example, how do I know that a slate would not have blown of the roof and embedded itself in my head? I would have regretted that.

It is silly regretting anything as you do not know how things would have turned out had you followed a different course.

Yes, that's true to a certain extent......but............. some of the things I regret are:

wasting time on "friends" who turned out to be a waste of space - not true friends at all

buying items of clothing that I never wore, and then having to give them away to a charity shop - some still with the labels attached

getting married at age 19 - to a bloke who later cheated on me

Yes, that's true to a certain extent......but............. some of the things I regret are:

wasting time on "friends" who turned out to be a waste of space - not true friends at all

buying items of clothing that I never wore, and then having to give them away to a charity shop - some still with the labels attached

getting married at age 19 - to a bloke who later cheated on me

But had you not followed the route that you followed you would have missed out on experiences that taught you a life long lesson, and you may have been worse off than you are now.

I try not to regret anything (sometimes fail) because everything happens for a reason.

I don't regret anything....because everything I have been through has made me stronger.

These are two wonderful philosophies of life that we should all take on board.

It is the journey of life and all that we experience as a result that makes life so fulfilling.

Archived