Less than £2 a pint boozers ?

0114owl1867

The price of the beer doesn't influence where I drink it.

First and foremost is the quality of the ale and then the type of surroundings I supppose.

So, I'd prefer the Sheaf View at Heeley to the Sheaf House on Brammal lane any day of the week. Big range of really well kept real ales. The only disadvantage is that it is heaving on match days and getting served can take ages.

Samuel Smiths pubs are cheap and the beer is great but I can only think of 2 in Sheffield The Brown Bear in town and The Old Mother Redcap in Bradway might be more though!

Red Grouse Stocksbridge, Cow and Calf Grenoside.

The price of the beer doesn't influence where I drink it.

First and foremost is the quality of the ale and then the type of surroundings I supppose.

So, I'd prefer the Sheaf View at Heeley to the Sheaf House on Brammal lane any day of the week. Big range of really well kept real ales. The only disadvantage is that it is heaving on match days and getting served can take ages.

100% spot on the Sheaf View offers quality ales, in a clean well run pub, with those quality beers starting at £2 a pint for Farmers Blonde.

Why look for cheap John Smiths or Stones in a potential dive.

Quality over price every time.

100% spot on the Sheaf View offers quality ales, in a clean well run pub, with those quality beers starting at £2 a pint for Farmers Blonde.

Why look for cheap John Smiths or Stones in a potential dive.

Quality over price every time.

Have you tried the Ale House on Fraser Road Ladybirds?

It sounds like you appreciate well kept real ale and that lad knows his stuff and keeps about 5 or 6 real ales on in very good condition.

The only thing is, the pub is a bit of a dive. I don't mean dirty, but it's just very, very dated, estate type pub and a bit dreary inside. But, if you can put up with that, it's very good beer and the Landlord is reasonably friendly (providing you don't swear).

(He has a sign up saying "if you want to swear, drink elsewhere". I like his values and agree with them, but everyone lets a little swear word slip here or there and I would have thought that was ok? A 'bloody' here or a 'bugger' there is common parlance in most pubs. If the language is worse than that then fair enough - but you can tell people to refrain if they offend, rather than set rules like this which just draw attention to swearing rather than discourage it imo).

Have you tried the Ale House on Fraser Road Ladybirds?

It sounds like you appreciate well kept real ale and that lad knows his stuff and keeps about 5 or 6 real ales on in very good condition.

The only thing is, the pub is a bit of a dive. I don't mean dirty, but it's just very, very dated, estate type pub and a bit dreary inside. But, if you can put up with that, it's very good beer and the Landlord is reasonably friendly (providing you don't swear).

(He has a sign up saying "if you want to swear, drink elsewhere". I like his values and agree with them, but everyone lets a little swear word slip here or there and I would have thought that was ok? A 'bloody' here or a 'bugger' there is common parlance in most pubs. If the language is worse than that then fair enough - but you can tell people to refrain if they offend, rather than set rules like this which just draw attention to swearing rather than discourage it imo).

I used to drink a VERY old fashioned place with a strict no swearing rule when I lived in Colchester. To be honest if the atmosphere & regulars are agreeable in such a place then such things as a no swearing rule can be lived with. It's when such a place isn't friendly that you have a problem.

Red Grouse Stocksbridge, Cow and Calf Grenoside.

Well I'm off to the Cow and Calf tonight for some cheap Sam Smiths. Not my favourite beer, but certainly good value.

I think it will be followed by a Jinnah. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Archived