Less than £2 a pint boozers ?

0114owl1867

Have you tried the Ale House on Fraser Road Ladybirds?

It sounds like you appreciate well kept real ale and that lad knows his stuff and keeps about 5 or 6 real ales on in very good condition.

The only thing is, the pub is a bit of a dive. I don't mean dirty, but it's just very, very dated, estate type pub and a bit dreary inside. But, if you can put up with that, it's very good beer and the Landlord is reasonably friendly (providing you don't swear).

(He has a sign up saying "if you want to swear, drink elsewhere". I like his values and agree with them, but everyone lets a little swear word slip here or there and I would have thought that was ok? A 'bloody' here or a 'bugger' there is common parlance in most pubs. If the language is worse than that then fair enough - but you can tell people to refrain if they offend, rather than set rules like this which just draw attention to swearing rather than discourage it imo).

Not yet, but will put it on the list, i live out of the city, has any one been to the Closed Shop in Walkley? am due a meet in there soon and am aware its got 5 0r 6 ales on.

Not yet, but will put it on the list, i live out of the city, has any one been to the Closed Shop in Walkley? am due a meet in there soon and am aware its got 5 0r 6 ales on.

I know that you said under £2.00 a pint, but I had a couple of pints of a 3.90 strength real ale at The Sheaf View recently (sorry can't remember the name of it), it was £2.20 and the best drink that I've had for quite a while.

Dont bother to visit any of the Sam Smiths pubs in sheffield, the brewery does not have any sort of entertainment in their pubs.The new years eve celebrations end at twelve sup up and bog off.My local was dead all over the holiday but the beer is cheap.

Dont bother to visit any of the Sam Smiths pubs in sheffield, the brewery does not have any sort of entertainment in their pubs.The new years eve celebrations end at twelve sup up and bog off.My local was dead all over the holiday but the beer is cheap.

Sometimes no entertainment can be a good thing especially in small pubs. Gives people to have a chat without been surrounded by other people wanting to buzz their bits off.

• 2 weeks later...

Very hit and miss, especially when the students are away and the beer doesn't turnover very quickly. It is also £2.85 a pint! The gents are pretty rank.

Hallamshire over the road is better although they only sell Thornbridge ales - but usually 5 or 6 at any one time.

Archived