Less than £2 a pint boozers ?

0114owl1867

I think the Sheaf View (at Heeley, under the railway bridge near Ponsfords - NOT the one on Brammal lane) is possibly one of the best pubs in Sheffield for beer, if not, the best. It doesn't get in the CAMRA guide because I understand they told CAMRA to sling their hook. But it's at least as good as any of those that keep winning the CAMRA awards, like Kelham Island and Fat Cat. In fact, it's superior - full stop.

It is always really well kept - and that's quite something when you are talking about roughly a dozen real ales on hand pump.

This thread is about beers under £2 though and I don't think you'll find many at the Sheaf View in that category - but I'd urge the OP to put price aside just for a moment and try paying a little bit more for quality.

There is only one other pub that I know where you can get a Quality pint for less than £2 and that is the Nag's Head, near Loxley (on the road between Loxley and Bradfield). Last time I visited, all the beers, regardless of ABV, were at £1.95 and it's excellent beer brewed locally by Bradfield.

(I've tried Sam Smiths btw - like the Brown Bear on Norfolk St in town - but come on - it's ok but absolutely nowhere near the quality of Bradfield Brewery or the stuff on tap at Sheaf View).

(I've tried Sam Smiths btw - like the Brown Bear on Norfolk St in town - but come on - it's ok but absolutely nowhere near the quality of Bradfield Brewery or the stuff on tap at Sheaf View).

Yeah, but the thread is about where to get beer under £2, not where to get the best beer. Although I've only been in there a few times, I don't think the Sheaf View does beer under £2, hence the Sam Smith's suggestion.

Farmers Blonde £2.10 in Sheaf View, Abbeydale Deception £2.10 in Shakespeares at Shalesmoor and all cask ales at £2.00 on Mondays in Three Cranes in town. Very nice Doombar for £2.00 :thumbsup:

Yeah, but the thread is about where to get beer under £2, not where to get the best beer. Although I've only been in there a few times, I don't think the Sheaf View does beer under £2, hence the Sam Smith's suggestion.

I'm sure I made the same point?

BTW - if you ever cross the pennines the Holts brewery in Manchester is usually below £2 a pint.

Archived