Friends and partners not getting on..(rant)

Feeling a bit down and not sure what to do!!!:rolleyes:

I have a close friend who is amazing, yes my close friends annoy me.

They have their faults but they are my friends, I adore them all.

Last night had a party, which was fab about 30 of my friends come with there kids and we all crammed in my house.

We celebrated my daughters 4th birthday and the fact a operation I had to control my pain was a sucess.

I had a great night, but at end once everyone went my mate and other half had a row. I didn't take sides and told them both where they was wrong.

I told them both to talk about it like adults and leave it at that.

Which my other half apologised, which I was impressed with cos it must of took a lot to do.

Not so good when my close friend threw the apology in his face.

He only apologised for my sake and told my friend he said sorry cos he knew it upset me them rowing.

And that I had gone through enough when it came to last few yr.

I just feel he should not of had to say that, she should of known I had been through enough.

She went through it with me to, we ended up rowing then cos I was hurt she threw the apology in my partners face.

My friend ended up breaking down, and a lot of things come out I didn't know.

I thought she was ok but she has obviously kept things to herself. And tried dealing with everything alone. And it all got to much for her and she has blown up.

I now feel bad that I didn't know how down my friend was. Wish she had told me we are ok now we don't fall out.

We say what we have to and move on, I think thats why we have been friends so long,

We know we can be honest with each other or so i thought !!

I feel so worried about my friend but I am also hurt.

I really ain't sure what to do because I am at the point where I feel I can't have my friend and partner in same room.

I feel torn what would you say to them both?

The argument started over kids being naughty and playing up a bit. Told my other half he could of approached her about it better.

And told my friend that she shouldn't of swore at my bloke.

There both so alike they can't get on at all, last night was about my daughter. And I am annoyed they chose end of her party to have things out.

Out of ideas now of what to try with them both , any suggestions appreciated!!! I told them both all the above and they still can't get on.

I really want to spend my child free new yr eve with them both. And at this rate it's going to be and a meal for 1 lol:mad:

Regardless of what your friend is having to deal with, your partner was big enough to admit and apologise for his part in the row. Your friend should have been equally magnaminous (spl?) and accepted that apology, maybe even offered her own. The fact that she didn't means that she has some underlying issue with your partner and used the arguement to get at him indirectly.

Personally I'd have it out with her and ask her exactly what her problem with your partner is.

Regardless of what your friend is having to deal with, your partner was big enough to admit and apologise for his part in the row. Your friend should have been equally magnaminous (spl?) and accepted that apology, maybe even offered her own. The fact that she didn't means that she has some underlying issue with your partner and used the arguement to get at him indirectly.

Personally I'd have it out with her and ask her exactly what her problem with your partner is.

She was yelling at me about me having a perfect little family 2 boys, my girl and hubby/partner of 13yr.

I don't think it was at him direct think it was a bit of envy and some things she is missing in her own life.

I think she finds it hard she is a single mum of 2 and the kids dad don't bother helping. He only see's them when it suits although his parents are great.

I said to her if she goes off like that with everyone she will lose people. She does come across with people as quiet harsh.

She has a front and she can seem balshy at times with people.

I know she does it so she don't get hurt but she is protecting herself from wrong people.

And hurting us in process but there was no telling her last night. I am going to go talk with her about it later. See what and why she is being this way, I love he to bits. And I want to be there for her just can't when she does not open up. :)

why can't life be much more simple lol thanks hun. xx x

Archived